Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 10:24 AM

We just went on a 4 night Sovereign of The Seas Nassau cruise. The room was great ! Grab bars everywhere and a roll in shower so I didn't have to stank. Service couldn't have been better. Elevators don't all go to every floor so it takes a bit of juggling. Food was wonderful and drinks were well priced. Five bucks for a Strawberry Daiquiri . Tenders to Coco cay were easy. No guys lifting you ,,, just a roll onto a flat boat. Beach chairs on the island reclined permanently so I would rather have brought my power chair. Lots of hard sand that I could have gone over. Nassau is do-able and no tender to get to it. Disembarking was a nightmare as we were all funneled into one line. I can't believe I didn't run over anyone's toes. Cruising is very do-able in a wheelchair
Old 12-19-2005, 01:03 PM

Thanks for sharing this report. It is nice to hear that you found most things quite accessible and well-suited to your needs. Good information -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-19-2005, 01:05 PM

Great report! Did you bring your own chair or use one of the ships?

Tom
Old 12-20-2005, 04:59 AM

Hi Tom
I brought a manual chair plus my power chair. I had read others had done this and it worked out great. My husband used the manual as a luggage carrier The airlines gave us no problems about the two wheelchairs. I used the manual in Nassau because it is easier to get into cabs, restaurants and over curbs. I was told by RCC that I would have to pay to rent one from a company they use. I used the $ I saved by bringing my own , to get drunk pool-side
Old 12-20-2005, 06:45 AM

Sooz, glad you had a good time on the Sovereign. Question about Coco Cay: times I have been there, I saw folks using the special "sand" chairs with the giant rubber (?) wheels. Were you able to navigate around well without using that kind of chair, or would you consider using the sand chair in the future?

Thanks!

Sandy

Closed Thread