Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 PM

We are planning a Disney cruise in Sept. 2007. My 5-yr old nephew has Cerebral Palsy, wears leg braces, and has limited use of his right hand and arm. He can walk, but sometimes gets a little wobbly and unsteady.

Has anyone traveled with a disabled child on Disney Cruise? Would you be willing to share your experience? Were there activities they could participate in at the Oceaneer's club? Any helpful suggestions regarding dining or other activities on board?

This is our first cruise and thought Disney would be the most accommodating of children with disabilities. Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Hi JiminyJunkie, and welcome to cruise-chat!

We also have a young relative who has hemiplegic cerebral palsy. She's been on several cruises, and is always welcomed into the childrens programs and enjoys them. I don't think they've been on Disney, but the other lines were very accommodating to her needs, and I imagine Disney will be, too.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:54 AM

Disney loves children, and that includes disabled ones. They have a special kids' menu, things like hot dogs, mac & cheese, etc., but kids are welcome to order adult things too if they want. Our servers were wonderful with the kids at our table! The Disney characters are everywhere on board, and very accessible to kids. I think you'll all have a great time!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:39 AM

Thank you for the feedback. I am passing all the info. on to my sis. It is really helping her feel more secure about the cruise and how Gehrig will do in the kid's programs. As first time cruisers, this is uncharted waters (no pun intended) . I'm so grateful for the boards and all the info. that experienced cruisers are willing to share. Look forward to sharing my experience when we get back. Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
child, children, crisu, cruise, cruises, cruising, disabilites, disable, disabled, disney, foe, handicap, handicapped, kids, line, reviews, special