Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2003, 07:49 PM

Hi I am traveling on the Grand Princess with a elderly lady who is in a wheelchair if anyone has anytips or has been on this ship that would be really helpful.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:48 AM

Hi Lorix3,
No problem! Wife and I did Grand a couple of Christmases ago. Make sure you book a handicap
cabin, so that your friends' WC can easily navigate in and out of cabin and more so in and out of the bathroom. The HP staterooms are right next to a bunch of elevators and there is an excellent access throughout the ship. Princess does a good job taking you off the ship, but be carefull what land excursions you book. Assuming you are taking a Western Caribbean cruise, none of the Carib Islands are "HP-friendly". What I do, once my wife is helped down to pier, I take a taxi and we do the Island "things" on our own, than I know what is accessible and what is not.
In brief, remember: the newer the ship, the better accommodations for the handicap person.
Kind regards,
Vladimir
Old 09-02-2003, 08:00 PM

Thanks for the info I appreciate it . I was beginning to think no one was gonna answer me.
I don't think w'll be doing any excursionsas I did check them out . They don't mind WC on the tenders then?
Thanks again for your reply .

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, disabled, handicap, person