Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 11:28 AM

In my first post I was so caught up
in saying hello I never really posted
a topic for discussion. What was your best wheel chair trip and why? Last Feb we did the Ocean Princess out of Ft Lauderdale to the carribean.
We splurged and took a mini suite. It was super.
The cabin door was 33 inches and the bath door was 31. My chair cleared both. The ship is new and beautiful through-out. Wheelhouse lounge
became our nightly spot for cocktails. Food
and shows all were fine. Only draw back was a slight hill as you approached the entrance to
the dinning room. However, on balance the best
ship we have seen so far for wheel chair access.
Like to hear about your favorite ship. Bill New Jersey USA
Old 06-23-2002, 07:16 PM

I don't think I have had any really bad wheelchair trips when it comes to cruising. I once ordered a wheelchair for a land vacation and they brought me one without leg rests. Boy, was I upset. I had to wait around for a couple of hours for them to bring me one I could use. I never really requested wheelchair accommodations on Carnival cruises since I can just get out of the chair before we bring it in the cabin. We have stayed in mostly suites, so there was never really a problem. One time, however, we stayed in a regular oceanview and it didn't seem to be a problem. The only thing I don't like on the Carnival ships, is that my husband has to push really hard to get me over some of the thresholds(gold between different areas of the ship. Sometimes I felt like I should hold on for dear life so that I won't go flying.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:54 PM

My wife and made our first wheel chair trip on the Carnival Triumph. It was generally fine. Only critique is the handicap rooms often are far from elevator. We also agree with you there were more
bumpy sills between public rooms, then on Princess. We are trying Carnival again this October and taking the new Legend for 11 days to Quebec out of New York. Bill New Jersey

Closed Thread