Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Hi everyone. I am taking my wife and three year old little girl on our first cruise. We are from Ohio and saved a ton of money by booking our own airfare through JetBlue. My concern is I get into New York at 12:37 PM so I want to make sure I get there ontime for our 4:00 departure. We are looking for the least stressful, and safest way to get there. Thank you everyone.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:58 PM

I would just take a taxi. I believe it is a flat fee of $45 plus tolls.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Administrator

The quickest and easiest way to get to the piers is by taxi. There will be plenty waiting outside the airport terminal. If you are sailing out of Manhattan, the fare from JFK will be a flat $45, plus tip and tolls (if applicable). If you are sailing out of Brooklyn/Red Hook, the fare will be metered, but having not sailed from there myself, I do not know the approximate fare.

From JFK to the Manhattan piers should take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour depending upon traffic. Also, remember to check your documents for the latest time you can check in, as it may be as early as 3:00 or 3:30.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Thank you. We were thinking of taking a Towncar from Carmel's Limo. They quoted similar prices to the taxi prices. My concern with the taxi is they give us an unwanted tour of the city.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
My concern with the taxi is they give us an unwanted tour of the city.
Why??? It's a FLAT rate: the driver gets only 45 USD + bridge + tips - with unwanted sightseeing tour or without. So he will be the fastest to get you out to have his next tour...

Regards,
HeinBloed

Closed Thread

Tags
back, brooklyn, cruise, cruises, jfk, lines, long, manhattan, pier, port, ports, princess, rate, time, transfer