Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 12:22 PM

our first time going out of san francisco, public transportation to port? How far is the port from the airport? thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 12:57 PM

Hello. We went out of San Fran port last summer. We stayed at the Sheraton at the airport the night before. We drove our private car to the port. It was about 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. We left the hotel about 10 am, and traffic was great till we got off the freeway. I thought the port was difficult to find, even though they are numbered. They were numbered ackward I thought. So, we just kept driving along the ports till we saw the ship. I think parking was $20 a day, I am not sure though, someone else paid for it. Maybe, check out the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) website, their rail system. Maybe you can take the BART into town for much cheaper, then take a taxi to the port. I hope this helps! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 PM

I live in SF, the port is in the city, your best bet is to take Supershuttle, but if you are staying in the city (you should) saty at a hotel in the Wharf and walk over

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, francisco, franscio, port, san, sfo, transfer