Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Hi, we'll be sailing the NCL Dawn's reposition cruise this fall. I'm wondering what airport is the best/cheapest to fly into? I believe the ship leaves from the Manhattan port?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:21 PM

Hi, we'll be sailing the NCL Dawn's reposition cruise this fall. I'm wondering what airport is the best/cheapest to fly into? I believe the ship leaves from the Manhattan port?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat
LGA Laguardia. It's easiest to just take a taxi right to the pier. It probably cost about $30.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 AM

We took Jewel out of New York in Oct last year. It was a repositioning cruise. Flew into JFK and took the NCL transfer. Took at good 45 minutes from airport to get there in the rain. I would not have trusted a cab. I think transfer for both New York and Miami per person was $50 total each. Also do not know where you are coming from to JFK but best to spend the night in New York prior to cruise. Weather in New York for landing always a problem no matter the time of year - I was coming out of Toronto on a 6:30 am flight and low and behold we had to turn around in air and return to Toronto and that made for a tight run to the airport when we eventually did land. I left so early to avoid problem. STill did not. And that was not the first time either. So plan your air accordingly because NCL only runs transfer to aboe 2 pm. Then you are on your own to reach pier and with rush out it gets really nutso.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Thanks! Any thoughts about taking the shuttle to the Manhattan bus terminal then a cab to the port from there? I hear the shuttle is about $13?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise chat, COREYATMN.

I fly to New York a lot on business and have also cruised from there several times. I'd recommend LGA assuming you can get a good air fare. The taxi fare to/from Manhattan now runs about $45 per taxi. JFK is a few dollars more, but there is a flat fee into Manhattan of about $50, not counting tips.

I don't know where you're flying from, but I also recommend getting there a day early.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cruise, cruising, fare, fee, guadia, la, lga, manhattan, ncl, ny, pier, port, review, shuttle, taxi, york