Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 09:21 PM

We will be returning from our Mariner cruise on 17 Jan 2010 and we're considering buying a Royal Caribbean transfer from the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro to the Los Angeles Airport. The price is around $28 per person each way. Does anyone have any alternative suggestions. I'm aware that I shouldn't book any departing flights before noon.

Thanks,

Sonny
Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Sonny, I just got a quote from Prime Time Shuttle for $32.00 for two in a shared van; not only is it a lot less money, but you won't have to wait for a bus to fill up. They use 7-9 passenger vans, and even if you don't make a reservation in advance you can usually get right on and leave within minutes. There are always plenty of them at the pier and most of them are going to LAX. There is also Super Shuttle and they operate the same way and will be a couple of dollars more.

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

http://www.supershuttle.com/
Old 10-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Just checked Super Shuttle and it was $34.00.

http://www.supershuttle.com/Fa...e.aspx?content=Rates
Old 10-25-2009, 07:31 AM

Thanks, f-mattox. I thought that super shuttle charged $34 per person. I'll make reservation with Primetimes. What time to you think would be the earliest I could get to LAX. My airline departs at 10:30am and 4:30pm. I hate the thought of sitting in the airport for 5 hours.

Sonny
Old 10-27-2009, 11:06 AM
That's a tough one, Sonny; I would hate spending 5 hours at the airport too, but a 10:30 flight? What you have in your favor is that the 17th is a Sunday so traffic should not be an issue--the pier to LAX should only take 25-30 minutes. So it all comes down to how soon you can disembark and how quickly you can collect your luggage.

Every time I've come into San Pedro, disembarkation has started around 8:00 for passengers with early flights. If you can leave the ship by 8:00 you should have your luggage and be at the shuttle stand by 9:00, maybe a little sooner. And if it dosen't take more than 15 minutes for the van to fill, which it shouldn't, you should be at LAX by 9:45. Then there's check-in and security . . . .there's a lot of "ifs" and "shoulds" and "maybes" in there Sonny!

All of this makes me think that the RCI transfer and the Luggage Valet program with the boarding passes and pre-flight check-in might be worth the extra expense.

Or, you could take the later flight and spend the money on a really nice brunch at the "Restaurant in the Sky" at LAX.

I hate to rush and worry: I think I would do brunch :-)

Rick
Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 PM

I found a 3:15p flight on Frontier airlines, so now I can take my time getting off the ship. I'm flying into the John Wayne Airport a day prior to the cruise - after the cruise I'll fly out of LAX. Got to use up some air miles and we're getting a free flight.

Sonny
Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 PM
That sounds like a very good solution, Sonny. I really like the "free flight" part.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, angeles, cruise, disembarkation, earliest, early, flight, hours, lax, leave, lgb, los, pedro, port, san, ship, transfer