Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the excellent advice. I will check with Alamo to see if there is a shuttle from their facility to the port. In addition to the taxis, I would think that there is local bus transportation serving the ports and cruise terminals.

We stayed at the Cypress Creek Courtyard several years ago. Is it still a very nice place?

Fred
Old 12-08-2007, 07:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by shelby:
NEED:Someplace that we can get reasonable priced or free transport from Airport to hotel. AND hotel to port the next day.
TIA

A few hotels that fit your criteria are the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood, Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania, The Hampton Inn and Suites in Plantation. All offer free pickup at the airport, free transport to the cruiseport with free breakfast thrown in.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:54 AM

The Marriott is still very nice, just not close to anything. But the rooms, service, and property are still very nice.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 AM

I understand the cost savings many see when looking for a hotel for pre or post cruise stays. But I have found especially in Ft Lauderdale the taxi service is dependable and reasonable. The pros and cons are many, but I find using my own transportion, rather than a shuttle has many advantages. I arrive at the port and receive excellent curbside service from the RCI handlers, and am not part of an entire bus of passengers unloading at one time. When I depart, the same holds true, there is a dedicated taxi line, and I can be at the airport while a bus is still loading passengers. I can keep better track of my luggage, to and from the ship. (Althoough the airlines have lost my luggage, over a DOZEN times, but always on the way home froma cruise...hmmm.) I shop for a hotel that meets my needs and allow $$$ for private transportation, because it is less congested that way.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 12-23-2007, 06:49 PM

We ended up staying at the Comfort Inn /Hollywood on Stirling road the night before. It was like $80 but we had to get 2 rooms. The lobby was very nice but the rooms reminded me of the old strip motels at the Jersey Shore in the 70's, peeling paint, musty smell, 30 year old tv. So we booked the Hampton next door for the way back. Both provided transportation that was reliable. The only bad thing was our flight was delayed coming in and we arrived at 9 pm not realizing they have sign up times for shuttles to port ---our plan to arrive around 11 am turned into them promising us we would leave the hotel at 12:30. We finally had to do some fanagling to get them to take us earlier and the kicker was that shuttle had a dozen empty seats.
The hampton was much nicer and of course more expensive and I disagree with the comment I saw someone made about taxi service in Ft Lauderdale. We paid $120 to get the 6 of us to and from the beach.( and we had to beg a taxi to return us to the hotel)
Maybe I'm too country but that was ridiculous. I could have rented a car for less.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cruise, discussion, fll, fort, ft, good, hard, hotels, lauderdale, part, reviews, shutel, shuttle, waiting