Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile, but happy to say that I just booked another family cruise today! I'm SO excited! This time we're flying into Ft. Lauderdale to sail RCI's Independence at the beginning of January.

I've never flown into this port and have a couple of questions:

1. Can you recommend an inexpensive hotel near the Port? There are 6 of us so we'll need 2 rooms and don't want to spend too much. We won't have a car. Breakfast included would be a plus.

2. After the cruise, the day we get in, we'll need to rent a car to take us up to Orlando. We're going to finish the trip with a day at Disney. I need a car rental agency that's nearby. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all your help,

Susan
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 AM

Hi CruisySuzi,
I deleted your duplicate post. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! I'm not sure what you consider inexpensive. In Ft. Lauderdale, anything under $150 is pretty good. However, there are some great choices there. A lot of people have good luck on price line. There have been a lot of recommendations made on this board. You can use your Find feature (upper left hand corner) and type in Ft. Lauderdale and it will pull up all the posts made. There is the Embassy Suites, The Renaissance, The Hyatt Pier 66, just to name a few that are close to the port/airport. The airport is about 1 1/2 miles away from the port. The beach is a little further. All the major rental car companies are there. Budget and Enterprise will probably be the best deal. I do hope you're planning on spending the night in Orlando when you return, it's not a short hop from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando and back. Especially after roaming around Disney World for the day. None of the rental car companies are on the port, they're either at the airport or off of US1 near the airport/port. If you make arrangements ahead of time, they will probably be able to provide you with shuttle service. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:42 AM

Thanks, Penny! That is great information. I'm glad you mentioned how I can use the Find feature. I was wondering about that yesterday...guess I was worn out trying to book flights for 6 and the cruise the past 2 days. I didn't mean to post twice, sorry, realized afterwards that I may have been in the wrong section so re-posted.

Really, I can't thank you all enough for the tremendous support you are for everyone. It feels like a family when I get on this site.

Susan

Closed Thread

Tags
accomodations, budget, car, cars, discussions, disney, enterprise, everglade, everglades, fort, hotels, lauderdale, opinions, port, rental, world