Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:34 AM

Hi,

I want to pick up a car in FLL airport and drop it off in Port Everglades, is there a rental place that allows this? Or do anyone have any tips on how to best handle this situation?

THANKS!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Given the airport is just a stone's throw from the port, all car rental drop-off is at the airport's combined rental car center. They have a shuttle to the port. Look here .

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 AM

Directly at the entrance of the port FLL there is a office from THRIFTY together with DOLLAR ( Miami Road) . So you have the choice to take the car at the airport, drive to your pre- cruise hotel and give the car back at the port. From there you can take the free shuttle which takes you directly to your ship. Tip: go on their web and take the blue member card for free , so when you check in with this card you spare time.

This is a photo from the shuttle at pear 21:

This is Thrifty at Miami Road above you see the Port Entrance:

Old 02-04-2009, 09:22 AM

Normally, what we do if we have a rental car is: I take my hubby and luggage to the pier, drop them off, return the rental car, grab the shuttle or a cab back to the port, meet up with my hubby and head to the lines. I'm excited just seeing the picture of the luggage

Closed Thread

Tags
budget, car, cruise, drop, everglades, fll, fort, lauderdale, pick, pier, port, rental, rentals, review, thrifty