Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 01:38 PM

This was a new one for me- we drove both other times we cruised. We booked a hotel that said "cruise/port transportation"

Well we got in late on Sunday and went to ask for an 11 shuttle to the port. We were told all shuttles were full until at least 12:30! Which is ok but their airport shuttle took over an hour and I enjoy getting there early. We finally talked a lady into getting us on the 12 shuttle and there were like 12 extra seats?
Anyway we warned that available transportation may not fit into your schedule.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 12-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I live in Orlando. When it was time to go on my cruise, I rented a car one-way to Miami. I rented it the previous night, and drove it to Miami and dropped it off at the car rental place in Miami. From there, the car rental place had a shuttle bus waiting (around 11:30AM)to take me to the Port of Miami (no waiting). After the cruise was over, there was a short wait and the car rental shuttle bus arrived to take me back to the car rental place. Everything went smooth. The total cost of the car rental was $60 (about 35 from Orlando to Miami, and 25 from Miami to Orlando). That sure beats the price of driving my car to Miami and leaving it in the Dodge Island (Port of Miami) parking garage for one week (at $20 PER NIGHT!!!times 7)

Closed Thread

Tags
car, hotel, miami, orlando, port, rental, transfers