Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 01:58 PM

Deciding on how to transfer to/from port is giving me a headache. Can I just secure my spot on the cruise now (Princess), and wait to decide later? I'm 90% certain I will arrange for private transportation to the port, but am undecided on the transfer when we come back to port.

Do they give passengers the opportunity to buy a transfer later? One would think they would love to make more money off of us.

If transfers are typically offered later on the trip, is it more expensive to buy then than the pre-pay cost originally offered when booking?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:16 PM
You can usually buy transfers later if you choose. Check the website for a cut-off date. On one Princess cruise we actually paid for transfers and then didn't use them one way and got a credit on our stateroom account.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I could not find a cut-off time for the purchase of transfers but for shore excursions it is 30 days and I think it would be the same for transfers. Of course 30 days is for pre-reserved tours; once on the ship you can buy tours and, I would think, transfers if there are any openings.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:41 PM

Thanks, yeah I've been all over Princess' site and can't find transfer cut-off information (yet).

Their website does state the following, which I assume includes at least one more opportunity to buy a transfer:

Question: When will my cruise documents/Adventures Ashore brochure and tour reservation forms be sent?

Answer: The following schedule gives the standard guidelines for mailing documents.

At approximately 75 days prior to your cruise, the pre cruise information packet is processed for distribution. Upon final payment and completion of your Passenger Information Form, additional cruise documentation may be sent by Princess at approximately 45 days prior to your cruise. Processing and mailing can take up to two weeks.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I looked in the cruise answer book for Princess from last year and they do say that if you have not provided your flight info 45 days before the cruise, the transfer will be cancelled. On the other hand, we booked our cruise only a month beforehand and included airfare and transfers in the purchase. Our upcoming cruise with NCL says transfers have to be purchased two weeks in advance.

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Hmm, that is good to know. Thanks Jill!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Banned

If you are sailing out of Miami or Ft L. forget the transfers and take a cab. Less hassle, cheaper and faster.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

7thSon is right, especially in FLL because the airport is essentially across the street from the port (well, sort of). Even in MIA it isn't a long drive.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 PM

Well I'm flying into Rome and the cruise departs from Civitavecchia. I should rephrase my question. I mainly just want to know if I would be able to buy the cruise line's transfer if I change my mind later, after I passed up on the initial opportunity to buy it when I purchased the cruise.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Yes. We went on the same transfer bus with fellow cruisers who had purchased transfers directly from Carnival. We just paid cash directly to the driver of the shuttle. The price was the same aspurchasing in advance. The representative with Carnival at the airport will direct you to the shuttle. This was a very easy process. You would think that the cruisers who purchased transfers in advance would get boarded first but it was first come first serve. We waited about 60 seconds to board the shuttle. I was afraid we would have to wait longer so I was very pleased with the outcome.

Tip: On our second cruise we purchased our shuttle in advance from Carnival. We booked our cruise last minute two weeks before we sailed. We were not sent any tickets. We only had the paperwork from Carnival showing that we had pre-paid. The shuttle driver would not accept these. We paid the driver cash and when we got to the ship Carnival gave us a credit on our onboard account for the amount and gave us tickets for the return shuttle after our cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
add, airport, board, buy, carnival, cruise, cruiseline, cruises, precruise, princess, ship, shuttle, transfer, transfers, transportation