Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 03:23 PM

Happy New Year from Germany (due to time difference 2007 has approached already!)!!!

Can someone recommend a hotel close to New York's Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

I was checking hotel booking engines but all hotels I found are closer to Times Square/Broadway/Central Park than Cruise Terminal.

But maybe you have some recommendations.

Is there also a nice place to dine at the Hudson River with a nice view to observe the departing cruiseships?

Would be nice to hear from you!

Happy Cruising!

HeinBloed, Germany
Old 01-01-2007, 04:38 PM

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Midtown on 57th Ave. It would be a short taxi ride to the pier.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:09 PM

Thanks for your response:

But is there no hotel so close like this one which I had in Hong Kong:

Where I can stay in my room and observe the cruise ship.

Nothing just opposite of the Cruise Terminal?

I found in the yellow pages SKYLINE HOTEL in 10th Avenue @ 49th Street. Seems to be the very next. Anyone who has already been there and tell about experience?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Regards
HeinBloed
Old 01-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

That's an amazing view in Hong Kong! Unfortunately, there is nothing similar in NYC.

The area around the cruise terminal is fairly desolate. The city is in the midst of developing and revitalizing the area along the Hudson River, but this has not reached the cruise terminal area yet... and based on my most recent visit about a month ago, I believe it will still be a while.

The closest major hotel is where Cruise Fanatic stayed, the Holiday Inn-Midtown. It is located on 57th Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. (Streets run east-west, Avenues run north-south.) I don't know much about the Skyline Hotel other than it also appears to be conveniently located. But, an unobstructed view of the piers from either location is unlikely.

One place I can think of for dinner with a view is the aptly named "The View Restaurant" atop the Marriott Marquis near Times Square. It offers a 360-degree view of the city from about 45 stories up. The dining room used to slowly revolve so that everyone would eventually be able to see the entire city, but I do not know if that is still the case. Reservations are required for dinner. There is also a bar there, but I haven't been.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

Closed Thread

Tags
close, cruise, cruises, happy, hotel, hotels, manhattan, ncl, photos, pier, port, reviews, shuttle, terminal, year