Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 PM

Our group of 39 are going to Venice for the innauguaral cruise of Carnival FREEDOM on 3/5/07. Many of us are going into Venice a day or two early. I am trying to find a good hotel that is close to the sites in Venice, and also close to the cruise port. From what I have read, the Port seems to be close. What hotel near the port would you recommend? So many to choose from...so little knowledge!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:19 AM

I am in the same situation as you are. Whenever you find out a place close to the port, please pass on that knowledge to me! Thanks!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:04 PM

Look here for the map of Stazione Marittima, the Venice cruise terminal.
To see the city of venice please click here.
On the left hand side there ist the cruise terminal. From there to Piazzale Roma you can go ba shuttlebus in a few minutes. Than take the vaporetto Line 1 for the Canal Grande tour.
I woul drecommend you a hotel near the S. Luca railway station. But the Mercando di Venecia has only a few rooms.
How many rookms do you need? How much would you pay for?
Regards
Uwe
Old 10-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Uwe,
Thank you for your reply. I have read alot of your Posts and you are very knowledgable and helpfu. I don't know how many rooms I'll need yet, as everyone doesn't have their airfare. I did get a quote from a hotel called Rezidenso Gildoni Inn, located located two minutes walk from the Rialto Bridge. I've read lots of reviews and it is quaint, quiet 12 room Inn with a dependence near by (WHAT IS THAT???).
Anyway, I can get the rooms from 100 to 120 Euro per night, which includes breakfast.

Are you familiar with this hotel? Is a 2 minute walk from the Rialto Bridge a long way from the Cruise Port...I am assuming it is a great place to sightsee according to the reviews. We actually get in at 9:00 pm on a Sunday and board the cruise ship between 12:00 - 4:00 on Monday so we want to see the sights all morning before boarding the ship, then again later at night and the next day as we overnight in port.

Thanks for your input on this. It would be bad enough to make reseravations in a bad place for myself...but I don't want to do it for others in our group.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:14 AM

quiet 12 room Inn with a dependence near by (WHAT IS THAT???).

Hallo, hbeck,
a dependence is a second hotel near the main house. I am not familiar with the Residenso Gildoni Inn, but I will look for more information.
We often stayed at the Il Mercante di Venezia. It ist a small hotel with nine rooms near the main rail station S. Lucia and the Piazzale Roma. Click at the hotel's name for details.
Until later
Regards
Uwe
Old 10-28-2006, 09:37 AM

Sorry, found no info about your hotel.
But here you will have informations about the Hotel Canal & Walter. The hotel is situated at the Grand Canal just opposite of St. Lucia Railawy station. You can walk from there i about four/fife minutes to the Piazzale Roma.

If you reach Venice by bus from the airport, maybe this Hotel (Santa Chiara) is a good choice. It is situated direct at the Piazzale Rome an well recommended.

In The Cannaregio-district zhere is a fine hotel named Locande del Ghetto near the Ghetto Nuove. Some minutes to walk to the city center.

Regards
Uwe
Old 10-28-2006, 04:37 PM

I just have found the Residenza GildoniInnn. Click here. The hotel ist next to Ponte Rialoto; 12 rooms.

My favorite hotel in Venice is the LA CALCINA.
Click here. It is located at the Guidecca Canal. The room price is 128 Euro per night from 5. to 6.march 2007. From your room you can see the great cruisers come and go.
Regards
Uwe
Old 10-28-2006, 09:50 PM

We're cruising out of Venice next May. We're going to be coming in a day early and stay at someplace called the Locanda Orseola. It's supposed to be located on some back street about 40 meters off of Saint Marks Square. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of it and had anything good (or bad) to say about it. I've read some pretty good reviews on it but it would be nice to hear from someone with 1st hand knowledge. From what I gather, it is in a pretty good location. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tim
Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 AM

Ewe,
Can you give me an idea of how far the Cruise Terminal is from St. Marks Square? If we stay at one of the hotels in that area (and thank you for recommending several), is it easy to get to the Cruise Terminal? Do you have any idea how much it would cost? I want to give my group as much information as possible because most of them have never been to Europe before. And of course, this is my firt time to Venice as well.

Thank you for all your help! You really are an assest to all of us with so many questions.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hbeck:
Ewe,
Can you give me an idea of how far the Cruise Terminal is from St. Marks Square? If we stay at one of the hotels in that area (and thank you for recommending several), is it easy to get to the Cruise Terminal? Do you have any idea how much it would cost? I want to give my group as much information as possible because most of them have never been to Europe before. And of course, this is my firt time to Venice as well.

Thank you for all your help! You really are an asset to all of us with so many questions.

Closed Thread

Tags
chiara, cruise, cruises, downtown, embarcation, good, marks, place, port, prior, santa, square, stay, terminal, venice