Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM

I have a party of 5 for a Cozimel cruise on March 20,2007. Transfers will be $200 from the airport and back. I'm looking at all kinds of options. From hotel shuttles. To one way car rentals. I would like to get in the night before. Any ideas?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:17 PM

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-28-2007, 10:39 AM

Check with the hotels you're considering booking. Many hotels near cruise ports offer transportation from the hotel to the pier, some offer free parking and other perks. I don't know any specifics for Mobile hotels but the practice is common for competitive reasons. If you book at a hotel that does not offer such transportation I'd consider either renting a car or calling a cab if you're not doing any other sight seeing during your stay.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have a party of 5 for a Cozimel cruise on March 20,2007. Transfers will be $200 from the airport and back.

First of all, you are doing the right thing by flying in the day before the cruise. Where are you coming from? The Port Of Mobile is a great facility, and is near the downtown Mobile area.

The Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel is just a stone's throw from the pier, and they mention a free shuttle for their "park and cruise" package. I doubt they'll want proof you are parked at their hotel, and you can use their shuttle bus. A cab from the hotel to MOB is around $26 one-way. You'd need two cabs with 5 people, but that looks to be around $100 total for getting to the hotel, and then back to the airport on debarkation day.

I'd call the hotel and ask about the shuttle. The rooms aren't especially cheap, but it is a nice hotel.

Whatever you do, please avoid the Best Western Battleship Inn. We stayed there a couple years ago and it is a dump. Our room had bedbugs and we all got bitten.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cheep, cruise, dock, free, hotel, hotels, mobile, offer, pier, port, public, shuttle, transfers, transportation