Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/)
-   -   Hotels/Transportation/Debarkation Galveston (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/16389-hotels-transportation-debarkation-galveston.html)

cgmom 03-04-2007 03:29 PM

I'm new to this forum, but it's a great source of information. We're flying into Houston to depart on Ecstacy from Galveston in May. Meeting up with about 17 family members. We're flying in the day before departure to cut down on stress. We saved a TON on airfare booking ourselves - $740 for three people roundtrip from Tampa vs. $483 per person through Carnival, plus a $50 pp deviation fee for arriving a day early. Any suggestions on where to stay close to the airport and arrange for transportation service to the cruise terminal? When we return we need to get off the ship as early as possible, as we have a 1:25 PM flight home. We need to be home early due to other obligations. The ship docks at 8:00. It's a 1 and 1/2 hr ride to the airport. We're hoping to arrange pickup at a specific time. How quickly does disembarkation go & any suggestions on hotel/transporation? Thanks!

Cozumel-aholic 03-05-2007 12:04 AM

Harbor House at Pier 21 www.harborhousepier21.com/
is walking distance from the port. W/a close view of the ship.

NancyN 03-05-2007 07:25 AM

There are a number of good hotels near the Houston Airport. I have had success finding good rates at the Doubletree, Comfort Suites and the Sheraton and all were fine for a 1-night pre-cruise. Depends on what kind of amenities you are looking for.

As for transfers to and from the terminal, check out www.cruiseshipshuttle.com. They are very reliable and can transfer groups of all sizes.

Nancy

HeinBloed 03-05-2007 04:08 PM

Are you flying in Hobby or Intercontinental GW???

I stayed at the Marriott at Intercontinental Airport. It's just between the Terminal B and C and the train connected the Terminal with the hotel.

Very convenient.

Regards,
HeinBloed

cgmom 03-06-2007 08:34 AM

We are departing from Houston airport. We need a transfer to the hotel and then from the hotel to the cruise terminal, and back. Thanks.

cgmom 03-06-2007 09:32 AM

Nancy - Thanks for the lead on cruise ship shuttles. I spoke with LJ and it's just what we need. He was very helpful, and we're going to book with him. Thanks again.

HeinBloed 03-06-2007 11:30 AM

There are TWO airports in Houston:

Hobby
and
Intercontinental George Bush

There you should know for which airport the routes apply.

Regards,
HeinBloed

cgmom 03-06-2007 06:41 PM

Heinbloed - We're leaving from Hobby. LJ at the shuttle service recommended some hotels. We settled on the Holiday Inn right by the airport. Got it all squared away, and now we're getting excited.