Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 12:46 PM

We have always stayed at the Doubletree at Biscayne Bay - I just found out they are booked the night we will be in Miami.

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton at Miami Airport? Do anyone know if the city bus comes out that way - We like to go to South beach for the day.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 PM

I don't think the city bus does go to the airport, but could very well be wrong. They may have a website.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

We stayed there last summer. It is not a bad hotel but nothing special either. Expensive bar and pretty good food - nice breakfast. The hotel is not particularly easy to access and I didn't see any buses drive up while we were waiting for our shuttle to the ship.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM

I'll be staying at the Hilton airport hotel in a couple of weeks. I'll be taking a shuttle to Port Everglades from there and it only will cost $60 for up to 4 people. To get that information I called the hotel. It's about a 30 minute ride from the airport to South Beach. You'd probably be better off staying at a downtown hotel. We stayed at the Radisson hotel in downtown Miami and really liked it. It's right next to Doubletree.

Sonny
Old 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I used to work at Miami International Airport about 8 years ago. At that time all the major hotels nearby (including the Miami Airport Hilton) provided courtesy transportation to and from the airport. If I remember, the Hilton had several buses and maybe a van or two. I remember they were aqua-marine in color on the bottom, white on top and had big red letters saying "HILTON". You would wait up on the second floor of the airport terminal by the roadside(anywhere). And when you spotted the bus approaching you would wave your hands up in the air and the bus driver would spot you, and stop to pick you up.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, beach, carnival, cruise, everglades, hilton, miami, package, port, shuttle, south, staying