Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the good info on hotels, I was looking for some also.
As far as Key west: I took the Trolly where you didn't get off, it was OK. We had pelting rain and everyone bonded together on the trip, Didn't care much for the city.

Cozumel is one of my favorites. We had friends who worked on the ship and knew of a great restrant I wish I knew which one. We did take the tour of the Tulum Ruins. I liked it we had a good tour guide so that may make the diffrence I saw someone else did not like it. But seeing the Mayan ruins was great. Remember this is where modern underwear was invented... What you never heard of "Fruit of Tulum!"
Old 01-10-2007, 03:25 PM

I was looking for a Hotels so the info is great thanks! I had the Embassy Suites on my list Tom so thanks for that.

I am another who LOVED Cozumel but also went pre-hurricane. We loved Passion Island! The boat over was nice, the beach was gorgeous and the lunch was SOO good with free drinks. One of my kids LOVES, I mean LOVES monkeys and they take pictures with them. They are not supposed to just let you sit and play with them but the lady did when she realized that my 13year old collects everything monkeys. The only down side was the length. I could have sat there all day. I think it was a 5 hour tour and we booked it through the ship. We did spend the afternoon shopping and this was BY FAR my very favorite shopping stop. DOn't forget you can buy antibiotics and other Rx drugs without scripts right there in the shopping area.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-14-2007, 09:38 AM

New attraction in Key West - Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center. It is a 6400 SqFt center where you can experience the underwater ecosystems without getting wet. Just opened yesterday. Operated by NOAA and the Florida Marine wildlife. Should be interesting.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 01-14-2007, 09:41 AM

Google Eco-Discovery Center. This is from the web site:

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live underwater where you could study the marine life on a coral reef? Visit new Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center to step inside the Aquarius exhibit, a model of the underwater laboratory 60 feet below the water’s surface on a coral reef. You will learn how scientists live and study during a mission in this underwater habitat. The Aquarius is only one of the many exhibits featured in this 6,400 square-foot facility.

"The Eco-Discovery Center is a world-class multi-media educational facility," said Kent Edwards, Environmental Administrator for the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary for Florida’s Department of Environmental Protection. "It will virtually transport visitors into the marine and coastal ecosystem."

The Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center will hold a Grand Opening on Saturday, January 13, 2007 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Dr. Nancy Foster Florida Keys Environmental Complex, 33 East Quay Road in Key West, Florida (part of the Truman Annex property). Admission is free. The Florida Key Eco-Discovery Center will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays. "
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010

Closed Thread

Tags
17, airport, caribbean, carribean, cozumel, cruise, cruises, cruising, day, fort, ft, lauderdale, march, royal, ship, transfers