Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 06:16 AM

My wife, two daughters ( 16 & 11 ), and myself are cruising with Royal Carribean ( A Western Carribean cruise )leaving March 8, 2007 and returning March 13, 2007. We are arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before and staying one night the day we arrive back. Im looking for information on nice hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area, in the $150-$170 price range, that people have stayed at and are pleased with their stay. Im also looking for information on " must do's and see's" in Key West and Cozumel area. First time cruisers here, this is my Christmas gift to them this year.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 AM

We were satisfied with the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, close to the beach and have booked the other hotel, Sheraton Yankee Trader for the following february.

In Key West you have to make the Trolley Tour, but the one, where you can leave the Trolley at a special attraction and step in another Trolley when you want to go further.

I did not like Cozumel, so Im not the right person, to tell you, what to do.

Happy Holidays and a wonderul first cruise
Marita

Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Banned

I'm a big fan of the Embassy Suites on the 17th Street Causway. Free full breakfast and a shuttle to the pier. They also offer a shuttle to the airport post cruise.

What they don't offer however is a shuttle fromthe airport to the hotel.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:17 PM

Which RCCL ship are you going on? I went to Key West once, but mostly strolled around, and had a few cocktails. I LOVE Cozumel! I ususally go to the beach/snorkel in the morning then go shopping and have lunch downtown. I haven't been since 2004 ( pre hurricane) we went to Playa San Fransisco. We took a cab, it was a nice beach w/ chairs, umbrella, snacks/drinks and little shops. It was very nice. I was w/ my nephews, 11/9 and they enjoyed it too. Do a bit of research and you'll find lots of good things to do. DON'T be afraid to haggle w/ the vendors.
Have fun!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bchamp:
My wife, two daughters ( 16 & 11 ), and myself are cruising with Royal Carribean ( A Western Carribean cruise )leaving March 8, 2007 and returning March 13, 2007. We are arriving in Fort Lauderdale the day before and staying one night the day we arrive back. Im looking for information on nice hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area, in the $150-$170 price range, that people have stayed at and are pleased with their stay. Im also looking for information on " must do's and see's" in Key West and Cozumel area. First time cruisers here, this is my Christmas gift to them this year.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM

Hello there!

My suggestion is AmeriSuites (Affiliate of Hyatt Hotel) One thing good about this hotel is the FREE van service - Airport to Hotel & Hotel to Cruise terminal. The rooms are great!!!

Free continental breakfast. Very safe location.
Tel # (954) 763-7670, AmeriSuites

We check-in last Dec. 10.

SDcruiser
Quote:
Originally posted by bchamp:
Old 12-22-2006, 06:46 PM

Here is one to avoid for the time being. The old Marriott Hotel on 17th right by the intercoastal is now the Ft. Lauderdale Grand Hotel and Yacht Club. I just stayed there about 3 weeks ago and the hotel is running on minimum staff and with limited services. The hotel sustained severe damage in a hurricane is is under construction with jack hammers, cranes amd everything one would expect for a hotel under construction.

Rather than be honest about the condition of the hotel, the Grand is taking reservations as if there was nothing wrong. I would opt for anywhere else at this time until it has been completely reconstructed and is open for business with full staff and services.

Just my opinion.

Tom
Old 12-23-2006, 07:44 AM

hello,

we are staying at the comfort suites airport&cruiseport. booked thru aaa @139. per night. free shuttle service.

hope this helps.

happy holidays,

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-23-2006, 12:22 PM

We stayed at the Hampton Inn FL Airport North. They provided a friendly, free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port (Book the cruise shuttle when you check in). The shuttle also took us and picked us up from Las Olas Riverfront, the perfect spot to get into the vacation mindset, dining on an outdoor patio watching yachts go by.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:53 AM

In Key West the Truman museum is worthwhile. Lots and lots of shops for your wife and daughters.

We didn't go into Cozumel proper. Went to Playa del Carmen for the Tulum ruins tour. Big waste as we had a tour guide how told us absolutely nothing about the ruins. Next time, we'll do Cozumel proper. Have friends who rented a jeep for the day and did their own tour.
Legend of the Seas - Oct 2008

Celebrity Constellation - July 2009
MSC Orchestra - Jan 2009
Navigator of the Seas - March 2009
MSC Poesia - November 2009
Jewel of the Seas - June 2010
Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 PM
bchamp-Sleep Inn offers minisuites,breakfast and will pick up at the Airport at Ft. Lauderdale and drop off at the Cruiseport! It is situated next to a minimall with Walgren's,Dollar Store,Banking Services and several inexpensive clean dining options.The neighborhood is clean and troublefree.
Bon Voyage

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
17, airport, caribbean, carribean, cozumel, cruise, cruises, cruising, day, fort, ft, lauderdale, march, royal, ship, transfers