Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 02:45 PM

We're flying in to Houston the day before we leave on the cruise out of Galveston. My question is, if we go back to the airport the next day, will there be a shuttle that will take us to Galveston? Do we have to purchase tickets for the shuttle in advance?

I'd rather not rent a car, my husband and I have never been to Houston or Galveston before.

Any suggestions on getting to Galveston from Houston?

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers forum. RF
Old 03-30-2006, 06:32 PM

Hi!

We are doing the same thing! My travel agent told me to fly in on saturday and stay at an "airport hotel". On Sunday he said we can take a hotel suttle back to the airport. At the airport we then get on the Carnival suttle to get to the ship. I do have to call Carnival and book the suttle service direct with them. He told me this is the cheapest way to go and almost as quick as a taxi. It is the way he did it just a few weeks ago so I guess it must work! I am looking at airline tickets right now and as soon as I book them I will book the hotel and the suttle.
I will let you know how it all works out.
When are you sailing? Hubby and I will be on the Conquest on October 22nd!

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 03-31-2006, 02:06 PM

Kaychell,
What cruise line and which Houston airport? Some cruise lines offer shuttle service, others do not. Some service just Hobby and not Bush International.

CoachUSA is now offering round trip shuttle service to the Galveston port. Round trip from Hobby is $49 per person and $59 pp from Bush Int.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-05-2006, 12:01 PM

Hi Caychell,

I just got all of my details worked out. I booked my tickets myself (because I had points to spend on my credit card!)gave that info to my TA who then booked my suttle with carnival. We are staying at the Sheraton North Houston Hotel. Its right next to the airport. Our TA recommended it. We fly in Saturday night, have a nice dinner, get some sleep and the next morning we will just take the hotel suttle back to the airport, go to baggage claim and get on the Carnival suttle to the ship. That is my plan anyway!!

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, suttle