Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2006, 06:19 AM

Hi-
My husband & I will be on the Zuiderdam the first week in December 2006, and are flying down to Ft Lauderdale (embarkation port) from Dulles, Washington DC the Friday night before.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to stay? What hotels have free shuttles to the port & don't cost an arm & a leg?
Thank you in advance!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:00 AM

Stay at the Embassy Suites (it was just redone) - we stay there all the time. Free breakfast and free cocktails in the late afternoon/early evening (could anyone ask for more?) and free shuttle to the ship. Ask for a room overlooking the harbor and you'll be able to see your ship in the morning! There is a great Mexican restaurant across the street with terrific food and fab margis! Enjoy!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:02 AM

There is also the old Pier 66, it's now Radison (I think). The Yankee Clipper is on the beach (which is now a Sheraton). Or the TropiRock, which is off of the beach, but in walking distance to the ocean and lots of restaurants close by. Just a few suggestions to check for pricing. Pier 66 is across from Port Everglades on the 17th street causeway. The Yankee Clipper is on A1A, and the TropiRock is off of A1A on Belmar. These are all very close to the port and cab fare, if necessary, would be about $10. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 AM

Penny,
I've stayed at the Pier 66 and wasn't impressed with the accomodations, the food or the service - I gave them two shots at me. I'm much happier at the Embassy Suites.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:28 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that. Pier 66 used to be great. We'd go down after work and have a couple of drinks in the tower. Then we'd go walk around the marina and see how the other half lived.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 PM
The Sleep Inn, a suite style hotel, will pick you up at the Airport in FLL and run you over to your ship the next day at no charge. Breakfast is included in the AM.Nearby is a Walgren's and a strip mall with several good restaurants!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:54 PM

we are also fans of the Embassy Suites. There is a Publix supermaket right next to the hotel that has just about any last minute thing you would need, along with restaurants close by. The full breakfast (not continental) is included and very good. We love to get a room overlooking the port so that we can see the ships.

Closed Thread

Tags
embarkation, ft, lauderdal