Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/)
-   -   Transport Rome/Citivecchia/Rome airport (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/17969-transport-rome-citivecchia-rome-airport.html)

kiwiwim 03-29-2006 01:44 AM

We will be joining Celebrity's Galaxy 12 june 2006 cruise.
Prior to boarding my wife and I, are staying in Rome. We need transport from hotel to port and on disembarcation transfer to Rome international airport. Can anyone advise on a contact for a reasonable rate. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers forum. RF

ANGELCRUISER 04-02-2006 12:45 AM

We are going to the same cruise too and are planing to stay in rome for a couple of days prior to embarking. We mi9ght stay at a hotel close to the Roma Termini station by via Marsala. I think you can take the train from Rome to civitavecchia for a fraction of the price for taxi or shuttle. From the port to Fumicino airport we might just take the shuttle just to be sure cos we're taking the afternoon flight to LA. Hope this helps..

kiwiwim 04-08-2006 12:52 AM

Thanks for your reply "Angelcruiser".
We have booked a shuttle with www.airportconnection.it for 120 eur from hotel near Spanish steps to port,and same for return to airport.
Travelling by train is not practical for us.
Perhaps we will catch up with you onboard.
Wim.

ANGELCRUISER 04-09-2006 03:14 PM

hey kiwiwim, thanks for the info, we may just do the shuttle service from the airport to our hotel in rome just as you suggested. the price is very reasonable. I wsa just hesitant in the beginning coz the guys in Madrid ripped us off on our last Euro trip. But anyway, hope to see you there. Is this your first time in Rome?

kim j 06-04-2006 10:35 AM

Hi I am doing a cruise in July and had the same concern. I am worried about getting luggage on the crowded train. Have you decided to go the train route? Kim J

ANGELCRUISER 06-26-2006 04:11 PM

kim j i just got back from my june 12 cruise to easter nmediterrean off the galaxy. My best bet is to get a private transportation, minivan or so, it really wouldnt cost that much. We actually took the trasnportation services from Celebrity cruises, a bit expensive 80 dollars each but very convenient. The port of Civitavecchia is ahuge one and there are so many commercial ships etc. one cruiser got lost and took two hours to find the ship. Have fun.

ANGELCRUISER 06-26-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kiwiwim:
Thanks for your reply "Angelcruiser".
We have booked a shuttle with www.airportconnection.it for 120 eur from hotel near Spanish steps to port,and same for return to airport.
Travelling by train is not practical for us.
Perhaps we will catch up with you onboard.
Wim.

ANGELCRUISER 06-26-2006 04:19 PM

Hey wim, how'd you find our Eatern Mediterreanian cruise. I really had a blast. The iteneraries were great, service was excellent, food was amazing, that grand buffet on the last formal night was awesome. Did you go to karaoke night at the savoy night club, I sang the barry manilow song and had a duet with cassey from Kansas on the last formal night. Anyway, i'm already booking my northern capital cruise w/ Century for summer of 2007. Ciao