Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM

We're sailing on the Island Princess March 2008 and want to stay in LA for a day or two after the 15-day Panama Canal cruise. It's our first time to LA so want to do at least a city tour while there.

Can someone suggest a reasonably priced hotel near the port? How far might that be from the airport? We don't need an expensive hotel - just convenient and clean.

Comments are appreciated.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:23 AM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat, Love to Cruize. While there is plenty to see and due in Los Angeles, there aren't many hotels that are inexpensive. We have quite a few members from the California area on this board and hopefully they can recommend some different ones than I can. I have stayed at the Marriott in Anaheim, Sheraton Universal, the Hyatt in Long Beach, and the Peter Pan in Anaheim. It has been years, but if memory serves me correctly, none of them were under $189 a night. I do hope some of our California members can give you a better answer. I hope you have a wonderful cruise and once again welcome on board.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 AM

I just googled Port of Los Angeles hotels and found this website, it might be of help.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 AM

Thanks as that was very helpful.

At this early stage in my research, I wonder if it would be better to stay near the airport and take a city tour from there.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM

I guess it would depend on what tours you wanted to do. LA is huge and there are so many tours available. Universal Studios has a tour, of course, there's Disneyland, the Queen Mary, the stars homes, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Bowl, Knotts Berry Farms, the beaches, and that's just a few. Best wishes!

Closed Thread