Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 07:36 AM

Has anyone stayed in a hotel that was near the Tampa Port? If so, which one? Was it a good hotel? I am trying to find a hotel near that terminal.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:51 AM

Hi "P",
There are lots of hotels around there. Look in the Busch Garden area, we stayed at the Comfort Inn. Busch Gardens is about 10 minutes away. The port is really easy to get to, lots of parking if you are driving, and it is a really nice port.

Free Cruise Tickers
Carnival Miracle-05/07
Grandeur of the Seas-03/06
Caribbean Princess-04/05
Old 02-28-2007, 02:50 PM

Don't worry about being close. WE stayed at the Hard Rock. Beautiful place and a great way to start our vacation.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:41 AM

I have some concerns too. This will be my first time driving to Tampa and the port. I flew and took a taxi last time. Any reccomendations for a close hotel? Big Cities make me nervous about driving
Old 03-07-2007, 06:31 AM

I don't blame you. I get nervous, too. We live near Tampa and go to that area a lot. There are a number of nice hotels fairly close to the terminal. If you go to Yahoo travel and look for hotels in the vicinity of the St. Petersburg Times Forum, you'll find lots of nice ones and they're just a minute or two from the terminal. The St. Pete Times forum is an ice arena and is in downtown Tampa. The parking garage for the terminal is clearly marked and right across the street from the terminal. There's lots to do in that area. It's known as Channelside, with movies, restaurants, an aquarium, etc. Also there's a trolley that takes you to that area and to Ybor City. Have fun.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 AM

La Quinta

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, fl, florida, norwegian, reviews, tampa, terminal