Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 PM

OK...without going into detail of why, we are flying into Ft Lauderdale on a Saturday. We are seeing some friend in Ft Lauderdale Sunday morning before our cruise which leaves out of Miami on Sunday. If we get a cab or private car to the pier, we have to figure out the logistics of getting the cab or private transfer and then getting to the pier.

Then on our return the next Sunday...we are seeing the same friends before going home. We started to think that renting a car would be far less hassle due to just renting it that Saturday and then driving it to the pier on Sunday, parking it, and then driving it back to Ft Lauderdale the next Sunday. Besides the costs of the rental and parking, what other costs are we missing in our decision???

How many tolls between Ft Lauderdale and Miami (the Port)? How much does each toll cost? We live in a toll free State and are a little out of touch with tolls etc.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-02-2008, 09:01 PM

OK...without going into detail of why, we are flying into Ft Lauderdale on a Saturday. We are seeing some friend in Ft Lauderdale Sunday morning before our cruise which leaves out of Miami on Sunday. If we get a cab or private car to the pier, we have to figure out the logistics of getting the cab or private transfer and then getting to the pier.

Then on our return the next Sunday...we are seeing the same friends before going home. We started to think that renting a car would be far less hassle due to just renting it that Saturday and then driving it to the pier on Sunday, parking it, and then driving it back to Ft Lauderdale the next Sunday. Besides the costs of the rental and parking, what other costs are we missing in our decision???

How many tolls between Ft Lauderdale and Miami (the Port)? How much does each toll cost? We live in a toll free State and are a little out of touch with tolls etc.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM

I would do a cost comparison between one way rentals for the pre and post cruise days. Also check if the rental company has free shuttle service to and from the port from their office. I'm sure someone on here knows for sure. The parking at Port of Miami is $20 per day. That would have to be a major consideration. I don't think there are any tolls.

Dwayne
Old 10-03-2008, 11:41 AM

Thanks for your reply. I think we have ruled the car rental out now all together. Just cannot justify that cost no matter how much more simple it makes it. I got a quote this morning from a private car company which was close to $95 including all fees and gratuity which is not bad for a comfortable 30-40 min ride to Port of Miami from Ft Lauderdale (Plantation to be exact).

Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM

Hertz charged me $179 which included gas. I rented the car in Ft. Lauderdale and dropped in Miami, unless you take the turnpike. I95 is just as fast and it's free. There are no fees to get to Miami. How good are your friends in Plantation? Can they not drive you to Miami?

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, car, cruise, fort, ft, lauderdale, miami, myrtle, pier, port, post, rental, renting, tolls, transfers