Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 07:00 AM

I am cruising on the Carnival Pride in October of this year. Can anyone suggest a hotel and tell me how you got there.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:07 AM

Hi Irish50, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Which port will you be leaving out of?
Old 02-25-2008, 07:09 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat, Irish50. I will have to check back to the last time that I was at that particular port. At first glance, I had it confused with the Galveston, TX port. I will find some info for you.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 AM

I will be flying into L.A and this ship is leaving out of Long Beach. I am looking for something close at a reasonable price under $200.00. I was told by Carnival that the transfer fee from the Airport to the dock is $60.00 per person.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 AM

We have stayed at the Marriott in Long Beach, it was a nice hotel. I believe it was around $200/night. Maybe someone else has some more suggestions.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM

Hi. We went out of Long Beach on Carnival in Decembers 2006. We stayed at the Queen Mary Ship and Hotel. I called them, to make reservations. You can check out there website, and see the rooms. The Queen Mary is close enough, we thought, that we walked over to the Carnival ship, no taxi needed. The Queen Mary also had a Carnival ship check in, where you got your boarding pass, and documents done. This service was actually on the Queen Mary, on one of their lower decks. Also, the service was only offered to guest of the Queen Mary. They had Carnival workers there to check you in. The cool thing, is that the cost of the room, also includes admission of the ship. You can pick which Queen Mary stateroom, First Class, or other. There are 2 restaurants on board. We stayed in a original First Class stateroom, they had port holes. None of the rooms have balconies. There is a shuttle, that picks you up at the Queen Mary, it think it was free. It takes you around to Seaport Village, and other tourist/shopping areas around the ship. The Long Beach Hyatt would be my second choice, it is very close to seaport village. We took a taxi to get there, don't remember how much it cost. Hope this helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread