Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 07:23 AM

Has anyone gone from the Venice train station to the ship docks? From a map I saw, it almost looks like you can walk there. Can you get there by the Vaporette? Thanks...Catching the March 5 Carnival Freedom..Live in NJ.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:13 AM

Hi curtisproud,
it is not so far from S. Lucia, the Venice rail station, to Stazione Marittima, the Venice cruise terminal. If you have not many pieces of luggage, you can walk from S. Lucia over a white bridge on the other side of the Canal Grande. Than go right side to the next (smaller)bridge; cross it to Piazzale Roma. There take a taxi (only some Euros) to the cruise center.

Or you take the line 1 vaporetto from the rail station to Piazzale Roma, than take a taxi. Maybe your Cruise Line will have a shuttle bus.

Click here for some more information.

And here you will find a map with the rail station and the cruise center.

Last but not least here will find find a nice map of Venice.
Regards
Uwe
Old 10-28-2006, 05:34 PM

I just have found the Residenza GildoniInnn. Click here. The hotel ist next to Ponte Rialoto; 12 rooms.

My favorite hotel in Venice is the LA CALCINA.
Click here. It is located at the Guidecca Canal. The room price is 128 Euro per night from 5. to 6.march 2007. From your room you can see the great cruisers come and go.
Regards
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
closest, cruise, directions, distance, dock, docks, pier, port, railway, ship, ships, station, terminal, train, venice