Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 05:35 PM

We are looking at a repositioning cruise that terminates in Boston and would like to know the best way to get from cruise terminal to Logan airport. I'm sure there are taxis but I cannot find any shuttles or other mass transit methods.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.
Robert
Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Administrator

There are two ways. First is taxi. There will be plenty waiting when your ship arrives. It's about a 10-minute ride to the airport barring any traffic jams. There is also mass transit to the airport, but you'll have to do a little bit of walking and make a transfer. The MBTA Silver Line will get you there. It's about a 2-block walk to the SL3 line, and then transfer at South Station for the SL1 line.

Best bet, IMO, is to take a taxi.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks, LisaP ... I was hoping there was some kind of shuttle service. I haven't caught a cab in years...any idea of cost for 2 people from port to Logan?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
slouman
I'm not sure if this helps. It looks like there are shuttles on port of call days, but I can't believe they would miss an opportunity to get cash.
http://www.massport.com/ports/cruis_parki.html

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 01-29-2009, 06:05 AM

Poormom:

I sent an email to the company whose link is listed as providing shuttle service and they told me that was for groups of 20 or more.

It's starting to look like it's taxi only but I'm still open to other suggestions. We have a flight leaving Logan at noon on day of debarkation.

Thanks,
Slouman
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Slouman, I was in a taxi today so took the opportunity to ask the driver about the rough cost from Black Falcon Cruise Terminal to Logan Airport. He estimated the total cost (excluding tip) at $15-$20 depending upon traffic. This is per taxi, not per person. Note that an airport fee of about $3 will be added to what's on the meter. I included this fee in the above estimate.

Now, for those going in the opposite direction -- from Logan to the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal -- the fare will be much higher, closer to $30 according to the driver. That's because there are very steep fees imposed on the airport taxi pool as well as a hefty toll for a tunnel that runs from the airport.

The shuttles poormom mentioned are typically used when Boston is a port of call (not a disembarkation point), and don't go near the airport. My guess is that these are also used by the cruise lines for shuttling pax to the airport, at a fee that very likely exceeds the cost of a taxi. It is still a wonderful convenience for those visiting Boston for the day by ship.

Any further questions, please let me know. I work in Boston and have been to both the cruise terminal and airport many times.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 PM

Thanks, LisaP ... I feel a little better about the taxi now. As I said, it's been years since I used one and that was in Las Vegas so it was not the best experience in the world. I guess now we just have to pray for no traffic that Friday.

I really do appreciate the info and effort. If I can ever help you with info on the New Orleans area just let me know.

Robert
Old 02-03-2009, 10:17 AM

LisaP,

Will we have any problems making a 11:50 flight if we take a taxi from the cruise port to the airport?

Robert

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, black, boston, cost, cruise, falcon, fare, logan, port, service, shuttle, shuttles, taxi, taxis, terminal, transportation