Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 07:16 PM

Hi -- I don't know if I'm in the right area but....We are leaving from Miami in April '07. A friend just returned from the same trip and said the Miami port was horrible. Said they had to carry ALL their own luggage (for 5 nights)from the parking deck, etc. Can anyone offer suggestions? Is there valet parking? Luggage handlers?? Hotel for the night before departure? Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:06 PM

Hi, just got back from first cruise on RCCL Freedom of the Seas. The Miami port is easy as far as I know for RCCL anyways. Just follow the signs to the port(we came in on the turnpike) and then follow the signs for your ships name. Once there, pull up at the curb and unload your checked luggage and they take it to the ship. Keep your carry-ons and then go park in the garage. We arrived at the port at noon and were on the boat at 12:45pm and the boat didn't sail until 5pm. If you are going Royal Caribbean then also make sure you take advantage of their express check out if you can carry all your bags yourself. It is worth getting up at 6am and getting breakfast and getting off. We got in line to get off the boat at 7am and were on the road out of Miami at 7:30am! Easy and stress free!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:17 AM

Thanks so much....that makes me feel better!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, embarkation, miami, parking, port, valet