Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 07:35 AM

I am looking for a nice hotel near the docKs in Mobile?
Old 01-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Near the Port Of Mobile is the Radisson Admiral Semmes. However this hotel gets mixed reviews and is somewhat worn. We stayed at the Best Western Battleship Inn last year and I cannot recommend it at all.

Mobile is so easy to manuver around that really any hotel in the city is just minutes from the pier. I would pick something along the hotel alley on I-65 inside the city limits - all the chains are there. Just go a little south to I-10 and you will be at the port in 10 to 15 minutes. Signage directing people to the port is excellent.

I personally am quite thrilled to have a cruise ship in Mobile. I hope more will come. It is an easy 6 hour drive for me from north Alabama and the port is really an exceptionally well-run place.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:44 AM

Thanks Dave,

I just booked a room at the radisson. My daughter and her boyfriend are driving from Memphis while my husband and I are driving from Florida. We are meeting smack in the middle. After my calculations we come out pretty good. It would of cost us almost the same amount to park our cars at the port. The Radisson has a cruise pkg special. We should get there between 10:00 - 12:00 pm. I put the room in both my daughter and my name. We got a room with two queen beds, complimentary breakfast for two, free parking with shuttle transportation to the port. Cost should be close to $160.00 w/tax. It would of cost that amount just to park two cars in the port. If anyone has stayed their please respond. I would like to know more. We are happy just to put our heads on a pillow before the cruise.

cheers,
rb

Closed Thread

Tags
arrive, mobile, pier