Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 AM

Was just wondering if anyone has stayed here? We have reservations for 4 nights here before our cruise on the Navigator on April 3rd for spring break. Any good restaurants or fun things to do around there that you would recommend? Thanks!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:05 AM

Hi DeDe,
First, welcome to cruise-chat ! I just stayed there with my Mom pre-cruise in December, and wish I could have stayed longer. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. Depending on the number of your party, e-mail the hotel and request your room preference. I got a corner ocean view room three steps from the elevator cuz my Mom has was crippling at the time. There is a Shula's in the lobby overlooking the beach, expensive, but maybe a special splurge one night. The beach is across a handy pedestrian bridge over the road, and the pool has those cushy chairs. There is a water taxi nearby that is a great way to visit the bars and restauraunts close by. Also, one block away is a cafe, piano bar called Casablanca. Have lots of fun, and I would be happy to answer any other questions.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 PM

thanks for the info! We will def have to try out the water taxi...we stayed at the holiday inn last year and ate at this place called the Blue Moon that we loved! We are hoping the taxi will take us some where close to that!
We have another family staying at this hotel with us and another staying up the beach a little ways. They are wanting to do parasailing...do u know if it is near by? Than ks again for your help!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:11 PM

We stayed at the Marriott BeachPlace Towers, just a few blocks away, and enjoyed the three restaruants just a block past that property which all have outdoor cafe sections. (They are three in a row, and different menus, but owned by the same owners). I forget direction (N E W or S), but if you stand in front of your hotel facing the ocean, you turn right and walk a few blocks.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the info.....Open to any suggestions! Don't know much about that area of lauderdale....we were at the northern end last year before our cruise and the time we had been there before we had a car to do a little of our own exploring.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by queenofcruzin:
Hi DeDe,
First, welcome to cruise-chat ! I just stayed there with my Mom pre-cruise in December, and wish I could have stayed longer. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. Depending on the number of your party, e-mail the hotel and request your room preference. I got a corner ocean view room three steps from the elevator cuz my Mom has was crippling at the time. There is a Shula's in the lobby overlooking the beach, expensive, but maybe a special splurge one night. The beach is across a handy pedestrian bridge over the road, and the pool has those cushy chairs. There is a water taxi nearby that is a great way to visit the bars and restauraunts close by. Also, one block away is a cafe, piano bar called Casablanca. Have lots of fun, and I would be happy to answer any other questions.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the The Trader and got a corner ocean view! Since I'm staying there two nights pre-cruise this March with DH and DD (teenager), I am wondering if you think the standard room (assuming you had one) will semi-comfortably accomodate us. I am toying with the idea of calling them to see if they have adjoining rooms left and booking another.

If we have good weather, we won't likely be in the room much, but if we have bad luck in that area since we won't have a car, would probably spend more time at the hotel.

Were the beds comfortable?

Thanks!

Closed Thread