Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 06:12 PM

I am looking for something in the french quarter. It will be my hubby, myself, and two kids ages 11 and 5. I would like something safe,clean, and with a comfortable bed. I will happily forgo safe and clean if I can just get a comfortable bed lol!!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:49 PM

Hello. I have only been to New Orleans once. We bid on a room via priceline for a 4 star hotel in the french quarter. We got the Marriott. It is on the edge of the french quarter. We paid an extra $20 when we got there to upgrade to a river view room. Wow, what a view. Woke up the next am, and saw all the cruiseships in port. We weren't there for a cruise, so that was torture. Anyways, was very happy with the hotel. Easy walking distance to everything. Good luck Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned

I agree with Lil Lori's suggestion on priceline. We will be staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel for two nights before our cruise. We booked ours on priceline as well. We picked this one because of the suites and having a teen and preteen daughters with us. It's not in the French Quarter, but close enough to walk or use the trolley system. Also, very convenient for the cruise terminal (walking distance). There are lots of Hotels in the immediate area there to pick from.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Priceline is a great place to get the some low rates. I have also had a lot of success from hotels.com. Looking through many companies though will help you to find the very low rates you may be looking for.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 AM

We stayed at Le Rechileu (sp?) for 2 nights and it is in the French Quarter and within walking distance of everything.The hotel was very charming and had comfortable beds and a pool and a contential b-fast. I have used Hotwire before and I took my chances and paid dearly. I won't do that again. Have fun.

Diane
Old 03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Banned

The nice thing about priceline is you do pay in full ahead of time so there are no hidden charges. The bad thing about priceline is you pay ahead of time, so if you need to cancel, you are SOL. You have to be firm in your commitment to use priceline, but it's usually a tremendous savings. Our rate was exceptional, especially since it is a holiday week.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, embarkation, embassy, hotels, orleans, ship, ships, suites, transfer, transfers