Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 10:39 AM

Hi ya'll...we are heading to Ft. Lauderdale next September for our 6 day cruise on the Liberty. I like to get everything together as early as possible. Would like to know if anyone recommends a Park and Ride Cruise Hotel. We did that with the Radisson in Port Canaveral and loved it. What a convenience.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks in Advance!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 11-15-2006, 11:36 AM

I'm not sure whether the Renaissance offers the park and sail since we flew in, but we stayed there pre/post cruise. It was really clean, the beds were comfy, conveniently located (right across the street, 17th street causeway, from the pier), and the staff was very accomodating. It was an 8 minute walk to the water taxi, which you can take for $10/pp per day. During the off season, the taxi runs from 11am-11pm. It's a great way to see Ft. Lauderdale. I can recommend a couple of restaurants for lunch/dinner: the Southport Bar/Grill on Cordova just north of 17th street causeway, Shooters (the last stop on the water taxi, just south of Atlantic Boulevard on the intracoastal), Charlie's Crabs (2 doors down from Shooters), the Pier 66 Bar/Grill (right across the intracoastal from the Renaissance), and the Sea Watch (on A1A north of Atlantic Boulevard on the ocean). We're staying at the TropiRock in December, it's a couple of blocks off of A1A, and I've reserved a parking spot through United Airport Parking which was $57.74 for 7 days (tax included). I don't think the TropiRock lets you park there, but I can ask when we get there in a few weeks. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:26 AM

penny3333 - Thanks for the information. Sorry it took me so long to get back to Cruise-Chat. Please, let me know about TropiRock and parking.
Great Reviews - I am printing out and keeping the information.
Much Thanks

Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM

Will do, getting closer now. Of course, I'm ready to leave now
Old 12-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

Check with the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. In particular the one on the 17th Street Causeway. I'm not positive that they have a park and cruise package but I know for a fact that they have a stay and cruise package.

I think the Hilton off Griffin Road used to have a park and cruise package, however that was several years ago and I don't know if they still offer it.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:47 PM

Have you used the Park, Sleep and Fly (and cruise) website? http://www.parksleepfly.com/reservation/index.php

We haven't used it for cruising but we're very pleased with the hotel we selected to park and fly this Christmas. You might be able to narrow down what's available and then check back on chat room to see what others think of a specific hotel.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 AM

I asked at the TropiRock and they do not have extended parking. As for the United Airport Parking, what a joke. I ended up parking at the port. It was $86 for the 7 days we were gone, but it was worth it. I lost my money for the United Airport Parking, but I had a car when I returned. Best wishes.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks Penny. Been checking out the Comfort Inn and Suites in Hollywood. They have free shuttle service and free breakfast. Good reviews on trip advisor and the rooms start at $79.00. We are driving down from Georgia and we can park there for $6.00 per day/split with another couple. Looks like we are zero-ing in on that selection. But I am going to try the water taxi and some of the restaurants you suggested! Thanks

Old 01-27-2007, 07:50 PM

Last march we stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania on 5th Street after reading reviews on tripadvisor.It was only about 8 minutes from the Ft.Lauderdale Airport. They had good reviews also. It was wonderful, very clean and had a Walgreens right next store for last minute pickups. They have a wonderful free hot deluxe breakfast with waffles, french toast, eggs, sausage,biscuits, donuts,bagels, fruit, and a few others.Plenty to choose from to make everyone happy. Also free shuttle service for airport and Port Everglades. We will be staying there again in October before another cruise. I'm not sure about the parking rules there though.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 02-01-2007, 09:03 AM

moonbliss7 - after an EXHAUSTIVE search, our group finally decided on the Sleep Inn. We booked the rooms for $71.00 a night. They said the parking was $7.00 a day vs. $13.00 a day at the port. Glad to hear you liked it. That makes me feel better about our decision.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, fl, fll, fort, ft, hotel, hotels, information, laderdale, lauderdale, packages, park, sail, sleep, stay