Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 12:11 PM

anyone know of a great romantic, nice, clean, affordable hotel to spend our wedding night prior to cruising on a sunday? we are somewhat hesitant to do the priceline thing because we want to be sure of what we get, and some places there are hit and miss. driving from the gulf coast so we don't care about transport to pier. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 PM

How about something on South Beach? They've done some great restores on some of the older hotels down there.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:50 PM

does anyone know more specifically a hotel they may have stayed out that they could recommend for this special occasion? i don't want to just flip a coin and go by what the websites tout.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 PM

I asked to see if you would consider the idea of a hotel that is not one of the newer mega structure type hotels. The Palms or The Royal Palms are really nice hotels. They have been referbished and restored, and to me have a great ambiance. We recently returned from Ft. Lauderdale, pre/post cruise and stayed at the Renaissance. It was a more modern hotel, but very clean and the staff were very accomodating. But that's Lauderdale and not Miami. If you're interested, check out both The Palms and the Royal Palms on-line. I haven't been there in a couple of years, but we stayed at The Palms the last time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully, someone who has more recent experience will answer your post. Best wishes!
Old 11-12-2006, 07:15 AM

We are hearing good things about the Intercontinental. It appears to have a view of the harbor so you can watch the cruise ships come in. That is the one I am leaning to.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-19-2006, 03:55 AM

We stayed at the marriot biscayne bay and our room had a small balcony and a view of the bay. beautiful hotel!! We payed about $250
Old 12-20-2006, 07:49 PM

We also stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and had a room with a view of the port. I couldn't sleep the morning our cruise left, and I watched the Valor come into port.

We paid a lot less than Mandi, though. I booked directly through the Marriott website and paid only $125 for the night, and that was on Labor Day Weekend.

BTW, the hotel restaurant was very good!

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 12-26-2006, 02:40 PM

The day we got to Miami we heard there was an art festival in town, so I assume that is why we paid more.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:49 AM

The best deal is the Holiday Inn Miami Int'l Airport (maybe Ponce Deleone Dr or something like that)...they provide a free shuttle from MIA to hotel, then free shuttle to the Port of Miami next day - a GREAT value! Clean and nice restaurant too!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:29 PM

hello,

there is a holiday inn next to the port of miami. biscayne bay is right there along with bayside marketplace. lots of things to do and see.

www.holiday-inn.com/portofmiami

happy cruising and honeymoon!!!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hotel, hotels, line, miami, norwegian, recomendations, recommendation, wedding