Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:50 AM

Hi all,

Been away from the site for about 6 months as I have dealt with a loss in my life of a loved one. That said, I am traveling on a European Cruise on July 26th out of Barcelona Spain and would appreceiate some suggestions on a hotel for two nights prior to the cruise.
Thank you in advance for any help anyone can assist me with as I have never been to Europe.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM

Welcome back, arckac. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

I had clients stay at the Hotel HUSA Barcelona this summer, and they liked it a lot. It was reasonably priced, located in the city's Gothic Quarter, about 200 metres from Las Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya. For an extra charge, you can arrange for them to pick you up at the airport, and drop you at the cruise terminal on cruise day.

Sandy
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 AM

I will be staying at the Gran Torres Catalunya in May, not far from Gotic-Barre, and Las Ramblas.
My first trip into Barcelona, too. Can tell you what it's like when I get back (lving 4/19 Transatlantic).
Wrote this because I saw you were from East Meadow. That's where I grew up years ago.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Hi New Yorker,
I've been to Barcelona a few times. The Hotel Monte carlo is great. It's located on Las Ramblas, very clean, very reasonable rates, great breakfast. I would definitely stay there again. I believe it's a three star. Can't beat the location. Regards from a former New Yorker ....

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelon, barcelona, catalunya, cruise, cruisers, good, hotel, hotels, port, reviews, spain, torre, transfer