Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2006, 09:51 PM

Hi Sonny,

I don't remember if I tried hotels.com, I'll check it out. I'm just thinking though that two rooms at $200 each, perhaps I could get something better than the Holiday Inn? Or am I kidding myself?

Sailing date is Jan.6.

Susan
Old 09-20-2006, 06:31 AM
You could check Hotwire.com ...check for 4* with laundry it is Intercontenal...you can check www.biddingfortravel.com to see what hotels people are getting for the star rating.
You do not know what hotel you get until it is accepted ...much like priceline.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-21-2006, 01:05 PM

Susan, let me share what I just did a few days ago. I'm flying into Orlando this Saturday and needed a hotel just for one night. I checked out all my options and decided on one near the airport. Before I decided on the airport area I checked prices with hotel.com and the cheapest price away from the airport was $88 which isn't too bad. I went on priceline.com and put in a bid for $50 on a 3 star hotel in the airport area. I got the bid and ended up paying a total of $64 with taxes and fees. The hotel is the Holiday Inn Select which is a mile from the airport. I called the hotel direct and ask what the cheapest price was for a room using my AARP discount card. The price was $98. Priceline has worked well for me. You have to know what area you want to be in and what the going prices are before you place a bid. Once you win a bid you can't back out. I used hotels.com several times and like to deal with them also. I know you can do a lot better then $200 a night for a room.

Sonny
Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Thanks Sonny, since I booked directly with the hotel and paid a little extra, I can always cancel. In the meantime, I will take your advice and look into those other options.
Have a great trip. Will look forward to some feedback upon your return from the Soverign.
Susan

Closed Thread

Tags
area, cheap, cheapest, cruise, cruises, crusie, good, hotel, hotels, miami, night, people, port, priceline, stay