Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 08:10 AM

Can any of you seasoned sailors recommend a reasonable hotel near the port in Miami.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Too many of them! Many like to stay at the Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace, which is near the port. I prefer to stay farther away where it isn't as crowded. To me it really doesn't make that big of a difference whether you are two miles or 10 miles from the port. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables. Nice and quiet. Perhaps too quiet for some.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 AM

We're flying in FLL the day before our cruise and since we never been to this part of Florida and have to return our rental to MIA the next day I guess it would be better for us to stay in Miami.The question is what is a good hotel for 6 people, my 71 year old mother will be traveling with us. It does'nt have to be close to MIA just as long as it's nice and clean.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 AM

Dave I just notice that you are from Athens, Alabama.I'm not that far from you(Winchester,TN). We love to go to Madison shopping.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mattiekay:
Dave I just notice that you are from Athens, Alabama.I'm not that far from you(Winchester,TN). We love to go to Madison shopping.
Small world sometimes, isn't it? There are several other members who live nearby too, mostly in Tennessee.

As for the hotel in Miami....just too many to choose from! We are staying at the Hilton at MIA this summer - I got tired of looking. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables. Great hotel but the area was quite boring at night. Actually, my favorite hotel chain is Hampton Inn but when I cruise I am so lazy that I want a hotel with a full service restaurant.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 AM
When I worked for NCL we used to stay in different hotels along Collins Ave. in Miami Beach. Great area with short distance to the beach and to Ocean Drive etc..

Unfortunately I don't remember any names, but along that street there are plenty of hotels.

I remember one of them had a great seafood buffet every friday night.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-20-2007, 07:56 AM

We have reservation at the Doubletree Ocean Point Resort on Collins Ave. Has anyone stay at this hotel?

Closed Thread

Tags
al, daves, seafood, tanner