Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 03:58 PM

HI all.

I am planning a trip for October 2008 with my dad. We will be departing from Venice, and I would like to go a day early to see more of the city before I get on the ship.

Any suggestions for hotels, not outrageously expensive (I know everything in Venice is somewhat pricey, but I am not looking to pay $600 per night ). My dad is not really able to lug much luggage with him, so what would be the easiest way to go from airport to hotel and then from hotel to ship (assuming we don't use the Princess transfers)?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:33 AM

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn (NOT the HI Express also near this location)Venice East Quarto D'Altino. The reviews on tripadvisor.com are very good, and it is located right at a train station, with a short ride into the main part of Venice. Apparently they will also pick you up at the airport if you notify them of exact details of your flight. I am using Priority club points, but I just did a quick look for Oct.2008 and there was a triple A rate of $112 Euros, and an advance purchase rate of $117 Euros with no breakfast or $127 Euros with breakfast included. If you think you are interested, go to tripadvisor.com and read the reviews for yourself, but be sure it is the HI, not the HI Express that you check, as the other is NOT right at the train station. Hope this helps.
Ellie
Old 11-02-2007, 06:40 AM

One more tip....if you want to do the HI stay free of charge, you can apply for a credit card (first year no annual fee) at the ichotels.com site (click on priority club and you will see it). You can 15,000 pts. after the first purchase. In fact, if you want two nights in Venice, you and your dad can each apply for a card. As an added perk they give you a $20 statement credit with your first purchase! I did this for both husband and myself.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 AM

Hello,

The Best Western Hotel Bologna is across the street from the train station in Mestre. We stayed at this hotel prior to our transatlantic cruise in October of 2006 and it was an excellent hotel not only for the price and locatiion but the room, service and breakfast as well. It is about a 15 minute train ride from the Mestre station to the train station in Venice and there is lots of service all day long as this is the main train line from Milan to Venice. The cost is one Euro per person one-way from Mestre to Venice, and the hotel sells you tickets. As for cost I believe that we paid 122 Euros for my wife and I, including VAT and breakfast.

Hope that this helps.

Fred
Old 11-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Waterart,

We are cruising from Venice Sept 08, and are also seeing high hotel rates. We have seen that the Marriott Courtyard, Airport has free airport transportation. The rates are quite reasonable, about 150 dollars per night or so, buffet breakfast. So if you take their shuttle back and forth to the airport, you than can get the ships transfer package.

Closed Thread

Tags
club, cruisers, hotel, hotels, italy, priority, venice