Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2006, 11:46 AM

Ok Maybe these are dumb questions but I need to know.....
After MUCH decussion we have decided on the Carnival Conquest sailing out of Galveston October 22. My questions are,
How do you get to your hotel from the airport? Do the hotels offer pickup service?
How do you get to the ship for the hotel?
How do you get back to your hotel after the cruise is over? Back to the airport?
Is there anything to do near the pier,(if we stay an extra day) so as not to worry about missed flights etc.?
As you can tell I am new at this flying stuff. On our last cruise we just drove to the pier , parked and walked onto the ship. Peice of cake.

Thanks for any light you can shine my way.

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 03-02-2006, 06:24 PM

Wow, I guess I did ask dumb questions! 24 people have looked at them and no one can answer any of them!!

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives
Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 PM

I think we got overwhelmed. I am not as familiar with Galveston as some others on this forum, so I hesitated to answer. In response, I have some questions:
Have you booked your hotels yet, or are you wanting all this info first, before you decide?
If you have, did you book your hotel through the cruise line?
Did you ask your travel agent for help with the hotels?
Did you ask the cruise line (or did your TA) about transfers? They may sell them to passengers who are making their own air arrangements.

Galveston is quite a distance from both Houston airports, and I doubt their hotels will offer free airport shuttles. However, it doesn't hurt to ask the hotel. There are limo services in the area, and you can reserve in advance; if you have a number of people in your party, this might be a good option. One good company I have worked with is Extreme Elegance Limos - check them out online (extremeelegance.com).

Several of the hotels in Galveston are pretty close to the pier, walkable in a couple cases, I believe.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
If you have, did you book your hotel through the cruise line?
Did you ask your travel agent for help with the hotels?
Did you ask the cruise line (or did your TA) about transfers? They may sell them to passengers who are making their own air arrangements

Hi Karen!
To answer your questions,
No I have not booked a Hotel yet.
Yes I have talked to my TA about hotels.
Yes He told me to call Carnival if I want to buy transfers to/from the airport.
I want to use my "points" from my credit card for a free airplaine ticket so of course I have to book that myself. My TA recomended several flights though. He said that We, (just me and hubby) could fly in on Saturday, stay in a hotel near the airport, take their suttle service back to the airport Sunday morning to catch Carnivals transfer to the pier. Is that a good Idea? Is it any cheaper than just taking a taxi to a hotel near the pier and spending the night there? I guess We would then need to take a taxi back to the airport too. Is there anything to do near the pier if we do pick a hotel near there? I Know! More questions!!

Thanks,

Memecakes

Caribbean All Inclusives

Closed Thread