Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 01:14 AM

Hi there. First of all, this site is so great. I have found much information so far. Thanks.

I am from Germany and not new to cruising but new to cruising from Miami. I have done several cruises from other American ports. This year I will board the Freedom OTS departing from Miami.

My question is: How can I get from the airport (my hotel is located there) to the port most quickly and cheap? I am travelling alone, so I guess a taxi just for myself would be too expensive? How long is the ride? Any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please excuse any mistakes I made, my English is a bit rusty.

Lucy
Old 01-28-2007, 05:57 AM

hello,

what hotel are you staying at? most hotels offer free shuttles or at least nominal fee for transfer to the port. i would check with them first. i'm sure your hotel would have a good ideal about the best way to get to the port.

have a great time!!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 AM

Hi ezemoney, thanks for the answer.
The hotel is the Holiday Inn at the Miami Airport. They do have a shuttle service from and to the airport but I am not sure about a shuttle service to the seaport.
I am sure though to have a terrific time. I cannot wait to go...
Lucy
P.S.: Which ship is yours in March? Have a great time also.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 AM

Hello Lucy,

first of all, welcome aboard!

I am moving this thread to the Port Hotels and Transfers forum.

Also, you might want to visit our German-language section called Kreuzfahrten-Treff, as well.

Einen schönen Sonntag!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-28-2007, 06:57 AM

If your hotel doesn't have a shuttle to the Seaport then you could take the shuttle to the airport and catch a taxi from the airport for a flat fee of $24. It probably would be a little bit more taking the taxi from your hotel straight to the port. It takes 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:49 AM

lugi,

we are ont the enchantment of the seas.

can't wait!!

happy cruising!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-28-2007, 09:05 AM

lugi,

tis might be some help!

Welcome to the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport Hotel.

We are conveniently located one half mile from the Miami International Airport. Our complimentary airport shuttle is available 24 hours a day. With brand new complimentary transportation to the Port of Miami, you can take in the sites. Check out our most visited attractions like South Beach Art Deco District, Vizcaya Art Museum, Miami Seaquarium and the world-famous Miami Beach to name a few.

Our recently renovated property is convenient and offers a great value. With Free High Speed Wired/Wireless Internet Access throughout, you will always stay connected. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 hour, state-of-the-art Aerobic Fitness Center or enjoy our year-round pool and sundeck.

Combine our great location and friendly service with our recent renovation and you can see why the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport is the best hotel choice for both business and leisure travelers. Enjoy a delicious meal while overlooking breath-taking views of the Miami skyline in the Skybox Bar and Restaurant, our rooftop restaurant!

Make the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport your first choice when traveling to the Miami area. And Relax, It's Holiday Inn!

At a Glance
Check-in 3:00 PM
Check-out 12:00 PM
Hotel is located at or near an Airport
Pet Policy
Parking Options
Languages Spoken by Staff
Internet Options
Accessibility
Pet Policy
N/A
Parking Options
Parking Available / 150 Spaces
Complimentary Registered Guest Parking
Registered guests enjoy FREE Parking for up to 7 days with Park 'N Fly Package.
Parking Area Equipped with Lights
Languages Spoken by Staff
English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Rooms
High-speed Internet Access
Other Data Connections
Wireless Data Connection
Public Space
High-speed Internet Access
Accessibility
Service Animals Allowed
What's Nearby
Miracle Mile/Coral Gables
Art Deco Dist/South Beach/Miami Beach
Bayside Market Place
Coconut Grove
enjoy!!!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Thank you soooo much all of you. I am sorry I was not able to respond earlier but I was on a trip with my school kids. Today I got back and saw all these very helpful comments.
Thanks a lot.
Lucy
Old 02-01-2007, 02:53 PM

LUGI-

From ezemoney's fine post it appears that the hotel offers a free shuttle to the port. That is good. But from experience, I know that you should reserve a spot on the shuttle as soon as you check in. There may be many people going to the port and seating on the shuttle will fill up quickly. Do not think you can just wake up in the morning, checkout and jump on a bus to the port.. or you may not be able to go to the port when you expect to.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 AM

Hi, Jim. Thanks, that is what I intend to do.
I guess since this is an airport hotel that there will be someone available even at 10 p.m. because I will be checking in that late. I hope there will be some shuttles available early and a bit later in the day so that I can catch one of the shuttles. But if not then I´ll just have to stick with a shuttle from the airport or a taxi. Thanks to all the responses I have a few options in mind.
Lucy

Closed Thread

Tags
fees, miami, parking, seaport