Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 11:49 AM

I just booked my flight into Miami in Setpember for my cruise. I am flying in a day early and out a day after the cruise. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel, preferrably under $100 that is centrally located either near the airport or near the dock? Maybe one that provides transporation too and if not what is the best way to go for transporation from the airport to hotel, hotel to dock, etc.? Thank you!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 PM

I doubt you'll find anything under $100. There have been a lot of posts recommending the Holiday Inn near the port. We stayed at the Palms on south beach, but had a rental car. Normally, we cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, but that is a pretty good ways from Miami. You could also check on-line into LaQuinta or do a priceline or expedia search. The SuperShuttle will be the least expensive transportation from/to the airport. Some hotels will offer shuttle from the airport, some will offer transport to the port. Cabs are not too terribly expensive. Hope this helps a little. Best wishes!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM

Yes Penny thank you. I guess I'll have to do some research, idealy we would like to find a hotel that offers its own transportation but unfortunately the travel booking websites don't have that as a search option. Thanks for your help!
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Old 06-12-2007, 05:42 AM

We love to stay in the biscayne bay area - We like the Doubletree or Marriott. I just book a room for us at the Doubletree for $119.00 a night. (This must be made in advance and is non-refundable). I would pay a little more and stay in a nicer hotel. With the doubletree if you are a honor member (this is free) - when you check in - if they have a upgrade room open they will give it to you at no extra charge. We have always been upgraded to a suite.

Both of theses hotel are by a City bus stop (a $1.50 a person each way - we go to Southbeach) or take to Metro Mover (it's free) to Bayside Market. You can find both of theses just two blocks away.

The Marriott - will take you to the ship for $5.00 a person.

The Doubletree - we used a taxis - for the three of us it was $11.00. We were told by Doubletree -that Royal Carribean - Stops by about 11 a.m. to pick up guest. (not sure if there is a charge for this).

Both of theses Hotels sit right on Biscayne Bay - which is a very nice area. You can see the ships from here. There is a great area to work around in.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 AM

One other thing - you will see taxis - all over the place in Miami - airport and hotels
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM

AWESOME! Tx DSR! I found that hotel on Expedia for $72 for the night! Tx again for your help, I GREATLY appreciate it!
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bayside, cruise, doubletree, fort, holiday, inn, lauderdale, miami, night, places, stay, transportation