Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 PM

How much is taxi fare or other private transportation from LB to LAX and what is the estimated travel time. Also is it best to stay near LAX or Port overnight before cruise.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Prime Time Shuttle from the Long Beach cruise ship terminal to LAX for 2 passengers is $32.00; Super Shuttle is a couple of dollars more. Taxi fare would be about twice as much.

I would suggest staying in Long Beach the night before your cruise; there is less chance of getting snarled up in freeway traffic on your way to the terminal.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Rick,

I am currently booked for the Doubletree in San Pedro for our June cruise on the Mariner. I am interested in you opinion on my choice.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Dave, I have not stayed there, but I met several couples on my last cruise in October that did. and they thought it was great. Their only criticism was there isin't much to do within walking distance of the hotel. But they also said that considering the hotel was extremely comfortable, a nice location, and very close to the terminal, it was not a big deal.

And there is a beautiful marina there to stroll around; and the early risers got to watch Sapphire Princess cruise up the channel. So all in all, a great choice.

Rick
Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the report. We usually like to stick around the hotel anyway, so not having anything else nearby is not a problem. And I like wandering around marinas and just observing things, so that sounds great.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
Prime Time Shuttle from the Long Beach cruise ship terminal to LAX for 2 passengers is $32.00; Super Shuttle is a couple of dollars more. Taxi fare would be about twice as much.

I would suggest staying in Long Beach the night before your cruise; there is less chance of getting snarled up in freeway traffic on your way to the terminal.
Thanks F-Mattox. Could you recommend a couple of good hotels? I will look into Prime Time Shuttle. I'm assuming i'll have to make reservations.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry, I've never stayed in any hotels in Long Beach. But if you Google "hotels near Long Beach Cruise Terminal", you will get plenty of suggestion. The most obvious choice would be the Queen Mary, which is not that much more expensive than other good hotels in the area, and I understand you get priority boarding privileges when you stay there. (you know that the Queen Mary is right next to the terminal)

I'm sure others have stayed in Long Beach and can make suggestions for you.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by simphhcc:
quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:

Thanks F-Mattox. Could you recommend a couple of good hotels? I will look into Prime Time Shuttle. I'm assuming i'll have to make reservations.

We used the Coast Hotel in Long Beach. They have a park and cruise or a stay and cruise. You get a free shuttle to and from the boat, and a free breakfast (nice buffet). Rooms are nice, plus in Oct they were redoing the entire place. So they should be pretty fresh.
There is not much to do, You are on the bay with nice view. It is an Easy walk to the Queen Mary or over the Bridge to a park. They also have free shuttle service to take you were ever you want to go.
A word to the wise the walk across the bridge looks a little dangers at first glance. It is not, they have one lane for the foot traffic and it is guarded with a cement wall.
They also have boat shuttles to different areas around the bay.
If you go a day early you might want to do Catalina Island... just a thought.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 PM

Found a couple photos of the coast Hotel. BTW they will shuttle you to the airport also.
You can see the Queen Mary in the background.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Gary, not only is that a great suggestion--looks like an ideal location--but the photos are outstanding too, as usual!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, beach, cruise, fare, hotel, la, lax, lgb, long, mary, queen, ship, shuttle, taxi, terminal