Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Cruising with Royal Caribbean from Bayonne? If you are driving to the port you might want to reconsider your parking options. Read about it HERE
Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 AM

That's really bad. That definitely will wipe the smile off your face after a nice vacation.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Dave,
You have to know that is our least favorite Port, it is rather nasty. You have to be bused to the ship, and talk about a 3 ring Circus ...trying to get checked in. I really hate to hear this because we need to leave out of there in May. I was very surprised how easy it was leaving out of NY...well except for a bike ride that had the road closed we needed to be on to get to the ship, oh boy the NYPD was not very helpful with alternate directions and it took 1 1/2 hour of riding around Manhattan. We could see the ship we just couldn't get to it...

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
The legal beagles are going to have a great time with this!!! Apparently it can be established that RCCL, the Parking Authority and the Drydock were aware of the problem - I should not like to be an insurer for any one of those parties!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 AM

I am not a fan of jumping to the legal profession to settle a problem but it seems to me that if they knew the problem existed and did nothing about it, after they found out about it, they are responsible for repairing the damage.
This is definatly one for the legal profession.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

RCI has responded to this. See it here at USA Today.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 AM

We will be cruising out of Port Liberty in less than a month and just came across this posting. We are driving up the night before and staying at a hotel for the night before our cruise and were planning on parking our car at this lot, does anyone know if this problem has been solved? Should we try to fine other parking? Does anyone know of any hotels that will let us keep our car in their parking lot if we stay one night with them? Any hotels with transportation to the port?

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 AM

There are several hotels by Newark airport that have Park & Stays. Bestwestern, Country Inn & Suites, Fairfield Suites, Springhill Suites, Sheraton, Radisson, Hilton, and Courtyard by Marriott.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
has any one heardany further updates on the over spray at Port Liberty?
We're traveling mid-April. I've heard others talking about car covers....I really don't want to park at a hotel. We'd like to walk off with our luggage and don't want to try and connect with a hotel shuttle or pay for 3 transfers.
Thanks
~~~~~~><((((*> ~~~~~~~~
Marsha

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
bayonne, cape, car, caribbean, cruise, damage, dock, dry, free, liberty, overspray, parking, parkinmg, port, problems, reviews, royal, terminal