Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 08:19 PM

We have a northbound cruise on Carnival booked in August. We are buying our excursions, and can purchase online for every port where it says "add excursions."

For Whittier, instead of saying "add" it says "view excursions" and we cannot book anything or see prices.

Basically, all i'm trying to do is find out how to get from the pier in Whittier, to the airport at Anchorage.

I am looking for ways to get there...if it's a shuttle or bus, what time it leaves Whittier and gets to Anchorage, and how much this costs.

We don't want to book our airfare until we find out when we can get to the airport at Anchorage.

You wouldn't believe how much trouble i've had calling Carnival about this. I've made three separate calls and nobody can help me out. One person said it's $18 per person, another person said it's $75 per person. Nobody could tell me any times involved, except that i should "not book a flight before 11 am."

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get from Whittier to Anchorage, even if it involves reserving something outside of Carnival.

Thank you!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 PM

Another question i should probably pose...i think our flight options are something like 1:30 PM or midnight.

Should we try and get on the 1:30 flight and get home ASAP or should we do something else in anchorage and take a late flight and do something in anchorage?

(we are really leaning towards getting home ASAP)
Old 02-15-2007, 08:28 AM

It's $75 per person in Whittier and $18 in Vancouver... that is why you are getting differing prices.

It is about an hour and a half drive from Whittier to Anchroage.. You will actually dock in Whittier about 11Pm or midnight and you will be off the ship by 8AM. Odds are that your flights will not leave until late in the day but if you can get one for 11Am or 12Am, that is VERY doable.

We rented vans in Whitter and drove to Anchroage. Renting allowed us to see the sights, stop at the animal reserve etc... AND it was cheaper to rent the van then pay for 4 people on the transfer. They WILL check your bags at the ship (they have airline agents at the port) and truck them to the airport, so you do not have to worry about dragging your luggage all over with you.

Hope that helps.. write back if you have more questions.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, anchorage, canaveral, closet, cruise, drive, embark, midnight, nearest, pier, port, princess, ship, transfer, whittier