Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 12:28 PM

Were arriving in Fort Lauderdale the night before our cruise out of Miami. Is it the easiest and cheapest to stay by the port or by the airport? Do any hotels have transportation to the port? If not how much is transportation usually?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:26 AM

Miami is about a 45 minute drive (if traffic is good) from Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know of any hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that offer shuttles to Miami, but there may be some. We've stayed at the Renaissance, the Hyatt Pier 66, and some others that you need transportation to get to (the cab fare would be too expensive). SuperShuttle would probably be the least expensive, but a cab would probably run around $60-$75. There have been some posts about the Sleep-Inn in Dania, which is a little south of Ft. Lauderdale, saying that is a good place to stay.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Look here for the cheapest option I could find for going from FLL to the port of Miami.

I'd be surprised if any hotels in Ft. Lauderdale offered free shuttles to Miami. The distance and logistics would be too costly.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sarahski:
Were arriving in Fort Lauderdale the night before our cruise out of Miami. Is it the easiest and cheapest to stay by the port or by the airport? Do any hotels have transportation to the port? If not how much is transportation usually?
We have stayed in a comfort Inn in Fort Lauderdale 2 times now. I will try and find the location but it was next to a Hampton Inn and they shared vans to take you to the Port of Miami. As I recall it was quite good. We booked the room to include the transport to be sure we had it reserved but it probably was not necessaary. Comfort Inn was less expensive than Hampton. Had a pool, breakfast and nice but small rooms. Opened to a balcony and outside stairs. Hampton was full Hotel with inclosed rooms. We will use it again this coming Feb 21,2009

I think it was actually in Hollywood, does that make any sence?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
quote:
Originally posted by sarahski:
Here it is this one: Airport/cruiseport south. Be sure to stipulate you want the Miami port when making arrangements

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel/FL243

We have stayed in a comfort Inn in Fort Lauderdale 2 times now. I will try and find the location but it was next to a Hampton Inn and they shared vans to take you to the Port of Miami. As I recall it was quite good. We booked the room to include the transport to be sure we had it reserved but it probably was not necessaary. Comfort Inn was less expensive than Hampton. Had a pool, breakfast and nice but small rooms. Opened to a balcony and outside stairs. Hampton was full Hotel with inclosed rooms. We will use it again this coming Feb 21,2009

I think it was actually in Hollywood, does that make any sence?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:45 PM

It does, Hollywood is south of Fort Lauderdale and north of Miami. It's about half way to each, actually closer to Ft. Lauderdale, but about half way.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Thanks so much, Im going to look into this! I am getting so excited for my cruise!!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM

I looked into the comfort inn, and they do go to the port of Miami but for a charge of 65 dollars for two adults, the cost of the room was 160 dollars, so I think it is probably still cheaper to stay at a cheaper place and use the go-airport shuttle. Thanks everyone for the help.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cab, cruise, docks, fare, fll, forum, hampton, hotels, leave, miami, port, review, shuttle, transport