Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 04:16 PM

I booked our cruise with an on-line TA... Does anyone know if there is a bus for NCL that will take us from CT to NYC ?? - would hate to spend $24 a day to park the car!!! Any other suggestions????
Old 01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

From where in Connecticut? Would MetroNorth or Amtrak be an option?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:34 AM

There is no bus from the cruise line. We did the Spirit last year; we also live in CT. For us, it was easy. My husband dropped us off as it was only the kids and I going.

If you can handle it, MetroNorth followed by a taxi is a choice as LisaP suggested. However, when you figure out how much that costs (the train isn't cheap anymore!)for all the segments it's probably just as easy to call a local limo service and have them take you. You'll still have to park somewhere to get on a train and then handle the baggage on a train, in a taxi, and so on. Limo = door to door service. Splurge a bit and keep your car safe at home too.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:05 AM

Academy Bus Line, which you can access on the web, services the New York terminal. I know they have at least one route through Connecticut to Providence. You might want to look them up.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Banned

I checked out train,bus and air from Montreal,It is still cheaper to drive and park!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:45 AM

I know that when my ex-husband and I went on a cruise out of New York, when I was still living in CT we ended up driving. I'm almost sure I checked out all other transportation options and ended up just driving there.
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
bfein-We took a bus arranged thru NCL(available thru the NCL website) from Union Station in New Haven directly to the pier for a fee of $55pp roundtrip-it was very convenient.The bus was coming down from Boston and Providence. We took rail from Berlin,Ct.(free parking)&($12pp/rt) to New Haven-it was very stressfree and relaxing. We plan to do the same in Jan 08 when we will cruise out of NYC on the Gem.

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
Old 02-12-2007, 09:10 PM
bfein-You can go to the Amtrak website and book your rail tickets in advance-but you must pick the tickets up at a station-before you travel dates-Rail prices are quite reasonable when purchased in advance.

BillyBuzzy
Old 02-13-2007, 04:36 AM

thank you so much - we are right in Wallingford so its an easy drive to New Haven for a family member to drop us off - I appreciate your help!!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:49 AM

billybuzzy

Must be blind - can't seem to find the link - a little help?!? thanks, bfein

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cruise, ct, hotel, limo, ncl, norwegian, ny, nyc, pier, port, ports, service, shuttle, transportation