Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 AM

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale -city center?

This is the hotel I'm thinking about they told me that we could walk to Las Olas Riverfront, they offer free hot breakfast and a ride to the cruise port. I would need to pay for the cab from the airport about $20.00.

Does anyone know of other hotels in the downtown area? I'm just looking to be close enough to do some sight seeing and making the most of my Ft. Lauderdale time. Just not sitting in a hotel room.

I had called the Days Inn in Fort Lauderdale the price was lower - but they told me there was really nothing around them and we would need to take a cab which would run around $30.00 each way.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 AM

I haven't stayed in that one, but the Las Olas area is very nice. You can also catch the water taxi there. I Googled it to see where it is located. It's about a mile north of Las Olas Boulevard on Andrews Avenue, which is a decent area of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure you could grab a bus from there to get down to Las Olas or a cab shouldn't be very expensive at all.

Sounds like a pretty good deal, especially with free port shuttle.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Thanks Penny, I have drove myself crazy looking for a hotel. I think the Hampton Inn will work well for us. After calling a few other hotels they just weren't in an area that we would have been happy with. Plus I was told if we had a chance to go to LAS OLAS Boulevard we shouldn't pass it up.

I will let you know how it works out. I leave in 18 days.

Tags
embarkation, ft, lauderdal