Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 04:56 AM

Has anyone gone from the Buenos Aires international airport to the Puerto Madero area (where our precruise hotel is). If so, what is the best transporation for two people? Thanks!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:27 AM

Cost will be approx US $30 from the airport by taxi or remise. Once at your hotel you can go anywhere cheaply by taxi but make sure there is a meter.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 AM

Remises (Car Service)

Remises are similar to taxis but they are private cars, (no specific colors or signs) and you do not flag them on the streets; you have to request them by telephone or in person at the "Remiserias". Also, the price of the trip is pre arranged, meaning that you know exactly how much you will pay when you tell the operator what your destination is. This transportation is very safe, it is cheaper than taxis and they will always take the fastest route, unlike many taxis that prefer to drive you around in order to charge you more. The "remiserias" or "agencias de remise" are small offices or store fronts located throughout the city.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 AM

thanks for the information.
Ellie
Old 12-12-2007, 07:03 AM

Are the "Remiserias" parked outside the airport in Buenos Aires or is there a place inside the airport to arrange transportation? Anyone out there going on the Infinity Jan. 5th "Around the Horn?" Would like to hear from you or anyone who has done this cruise.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Cruiser-Hydes:
Are the "Remiserias" parked outside the airport in Buenos Aires or is there a place inside the airport to arrange transportation? Anyone out there going on the Infinity Jan. 5th "Around the Horn?" Would like to hear from you or anyone who has done this cruise.
You will see them right by the baggage claim.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks, jmcs, sounds easy.....don't want to sound like stupid tourista but should I pay in pesos or dollars....some countries love the $, or at least did!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Cruiser-Hydes:
Thanks, jmcs, sounds easy.....don't want to sound like stupid tourista but should I pay in pesos or dollars....some countries love the $, or at least did!
I expect they would let you pay in dollars but you may need advice from someone else here. My driver wouldn't accept a penny from me. Keep in mind that I am no longer a sweet young thing, but my driver decided to give me a bit of a tour yet refused to accept my money. This is one of my fondest memories of Argentina.

In any case, there are bank machines all over the place. Paying in the local currency is normally better for everyone.

By the way, while in Buenos Aires always ask for the cash price when purchasing something. "En efectivo". They always quote the credit card price but take 10% off for cash.

I love Buenos Aires!

Closed Thread

Tags
aires, airport, aries, buenos, cost, cruise, eze, madera, maderia, port, porto, remiserias, ship, taxi, transportation