Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 AM

Hi everyone
I am crusing on Liberty of the Seas in October and am trying to organise transfers from the airport to hotel (Intercontinental) and from the hotel to the port. I have a party of 6 adults plus luggage. I have been reading about the shuttle, I have looked at prices for limos etc. and was just wondering if if would work out best to pick up taxis. I just want to find the most convenient and best value for money for my party. The only concern I have is the transfer from the hotel to the port, it might be difficult to get taxis on the day of the cruise as there will be so many people trying to get to the port. I would prefer to prebook the transfers for piece of mind, we are flying in from the UK and I have never had to arrange transfers before as they were always part of the cruise package (We have cruised on Voyager of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas). If anyone has any advice or tips on what would be best to do for us, it woudld be greatly appreciated.
Also I have another question, on our return we have been told there is a free shuttle bus to the car rental place. Is the location of the pickup place for the bus at the port easy to find?
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:43 AM

Check SuperShuttle, they're on-line and efficient. Can't help you on the free shuttle, sorry.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:37 AM

we just took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. the taxi's will be all over the place at the airport and if you can give them the name of your hotel and address just to be safe they will get you there. their usually are vans too that are taxis that can accommodate larger groups. we stayed at a hotel pretty close to the port of miami (could see the port from our hotel) and they had all sorts of taxis there in the morning for people who did not purchase the transfers. if you did purchase the transfer they had hotel staff directing you where to go and what to do with your luggage. it was all very organized.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Supershuttle.com $14 per person from Miami airport to port.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:19 AM

Thanks for the replies, I think we will just go for the taxis when we get there. It has given me peace of mind knowing there are plenty about at the airport and the hotel. Hope everyone enjoys their cruises.

Closed Thread